Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new diode 2,1 w-G85

BobMc

It's opposite look left the 638nm link. Begins with NDG...

Looking forward to the 18th or there abouts.

Sorry Steve must be having a senior moment. I looked all over the link and the op and couldn't find anything that started with NDG. But than I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! :crackup: :)

Podo did a review of it back in early 2015 when it was called a G84 here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/madness-mitsubishi-639nm-3w-twin-buster-updated-output-test-92332.html

The Mitsubishi official marketing press release was not done until December 2016 see .pdf here: http://emea.mitsubishielectric.com/en/news-events/releases/2016/1214-a/pdf/161214-a_3075_en_g.pdf

It was called a G84 (84 being a different number than 85) because the G84 is in fact a different diode than the G85. I don't know why you would claim it's the same diode simply because it also has two emitters. Not to say it is any more useful than a G84... speaking of a G84, Mitsubishi has announced that it will be offering a G84 with a built in lens, similar to the NUBM0X series diodes from "the N word" manufacturer.. http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/news/2017/0705.html I'm more interested in how this new lens will work when mated to a P73 diode, possibly realizing better beam characteristics than are currently attainable.

Last edited:

Encap

It was called a G84 (84 being a different number than 85) because the G84 is in fact a different diode than the G85. I don't know why you would claim it's the same diode simply because it also has two emitters. Not to say it is any more useful than a G84... speaking of a G84, Mitsubishi has announced that it will be offering a G84 with a built in lens, similar to the NUBM0X series diodes from "the N word" manufacturer.. MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC News Releases Mitsubishi Electric to Launch High-Power 638-nm Red Laser Diode with Built-in Lens I'm more interested in how this new lens will work when mated to a P73 diode, possibly realizing better beam characteristics than are currently attainable.

Yes G84 > G85 slightly different, the 85 being an attempted improvement but basically the same story different day--they made a triple beam diode also See: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The point was the double and triple beam diodes were mostly nonstarters with handheld laser people--useless except as a novelty.

Will be interesting to see what the newest 638nm Mitsu ML562H84 will be like. I don't imagine anyone is going to cut open the TO can to extract the meniscus lens which is inside the can unlike the external lens on N types but maybe someone will .
That a P73 is 5.6mm and the new 84H is 9mm--doesn't make it any easier.

Doesn't look like an easy job to remove the lens and use it with a different diode, if this picture is correct:
0705.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Steve must be having a senior moment. I looked all over the link and the op and couldn't find anything that started with NDG. But than I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other! :crackup: :)

Here's the link. ?????????????
Do you see a photo of many bare diodes on this page? If you do you'll see another link for a 450nm diode directly below that photo and opposite that another link. The op link shows what looks to be a info label for the 638.2nm directly below is the link for the 520nm diode. That's how it appears on my mobile.

Last edited: