Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Colossal UV Laser Diode - Nuvoton KLC432FL01WW - 3.3W 405nm and Beyond!

kecked

Aka the skin cancer stick😱 nice build. Have you tried to pump a dye with it? A quick look shows tons of dyes that will excite in that range. Think I even saw a highlighter extract in ethanol. Just way too expensive for my tastes but a really cool build. I remember the first time I saw a 405nm 5mw diode when they first came out and was amazed. Welll then I remember the first 35mw 660nm diode too. Amazing times we live in. Thanks for shariing so I don’t need to buy one!

Yes, it's very similar to a NUBM44/47 diode but it's UV instead of blue.
Gotcha. I wonder if pumping is the reason this diode exists. Certainly, there can't be much of a market for BR writers.

I spied this diode on Aliexp a while back. Got excited and then looked at the price. Lol! Even though it's a multimode I would love to have multi watt 405.

I love 405, I find all sorts of stuff that reacts with it. During lunch, I used to walk over to the Gems and Minerals section of the Smithsonian natural history museum. Brought one of those cheap low-power pen-type 405s with me. Great fun, on different minerals, especially with the Hope diamond. I used to wait until the "guard" turned his head then would quickly shine the spot on the diamond. It has a reddish phosphorescent glow to it that lasts for a few seconds after being hit with UV or near UV.

I had several each of the BDRs and SOJ back when they were hot. I also have several sharp multi-modes. I have to admit, there's something really special about those single-mode 405s with nothing but a G2 lens. All of my SMs eventually blinked out even at "modest" currents, of the two the BDR did seem more durable. The sharps continue to this day, including one complete build I bought from you several years ago but for my tastes, I need either a two or three-element lens to tame the beam size at a distance.

I like the G8 lens for a better far-field beam, granted the beam will be wider up close but that's a worthwhile trade in my opinion and it's more efficient than the 2E/3E.

I like the G8 lens for a better far-field beam, granted the beam will be wider up close but that's a worthwhile trade in my opinion and it's more efficient than the 2E/3E.
My preference for far field has been the 2E lens but you just convinced me to get with the times and buy several G8 lenses...

I love the tight far field spot and the good looking beam from a single mode 520nm, 515nm, 505nm, 488nm with a G8 lens and for the multi watt multi mode blues in the 9mm package the 12mm copper modules Barnett sells have longer threads to better accommodate the G8 with those longer pedestal NUBM's

I drill out and run a tap through some of the thumb wheels from cheap modules to use as locks and hold a nice infinity focus, then you can top it off with a 2nd un-drilled thumb wheel.

Attachments

• SANY5897.JPG
    SANY5897.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 3
  • SANY5908.JPG
    SANY5908.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 3