Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New cheap goggles at FastTech?

Hi all,

I was looking for some laser safety goggles for my 445's and found these:

1433400-5.jpg

They surely aren't the best, but they seem to be the most affordable.

I'm looking to replace my scratched up Uvex Orange, which has served me very well.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005474/1433400

Cheers! :beer:

Last edited:

i cant say anything about the goggles but i can say fastech is great i have ordered a few times from there. but warning DO NOT buy batteries( if USING HK POST) or e-liquid. they are having a customs problem with HK post. my order placed on 9-13 contained ejuice and is still in customs. my order place on 9-13 contained no e liquid or batteries and alreadu got here on monday.

Thanks for your inputs guys.

Sinner, I'm wondering if the one you linked is better than the exact same one but in red.

They both say OD4+ and VLT 55%. Which one might be more effective at blocking blue?

The red ones you linked to are for green only, the orange ones would be better for blue

sinner

The build quality looks much better on the orange one, Im skeptical about the red ones since they are quite similar to the ones sold by several chinese websites for $3-$5

Interesting, I'll try the orange one with translucent ear pieces. :)

sinner

Good choice, I wouldnt trust them with anything over 1W though, better to keep them as spares for friends etc. if there are other people in the room..

Yeah, I was using the Uvex ones until they were scratched up.

Amazon international shipping kills the deal though.

Spooky

Be aware guys, far eastern CE marking is close to worthless in many cases.
Any company (even here) can CE mark their own goods and claim they are compliant even when they clearly aren't.

I had a 300 watt fiber checked over by the HSE here a short while ago that was CE marked for industrial use, the inspector stated I would be looking at 31 violations if I had that machine installed in my shop.

cheers

Dave

The European Commission is aware that CE marking, like any other mark, is misused. CE marking is sometimes affixed to products that do not fulfil the requirements and conditions for its affixing, or is affixed to products for which the affixing is not required. In one case it was reported that "Chinese manufacturers were submitting well-engineered electrical products to obtain conformity testing reports, but then removing non-essential components in production to reduce costs".[11] A test of 27 electrical chargers found that all the eight legitimately branded with a reputable name met safety standards, but none of those unbranded or with minor names did, despite bearing the CЄ mark;[11] non-compliant devices were actually potentially unreliable and dangerous, presenting electrical and fire hazards.

For once WP is pretty accurate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

Last edited:
Very true, it seems like unless these pairs have gone through destructive testing as well as the verification process of the OD4 rating, these should be used with caution. :)

Spooky

I tend to think of goggles as a last line of defence for my own negligence.

Safe working practice is far better but the goggles are a must for that "momentary oversight" all of us make at some point. I'm not sure who to attribute the quote to but "Comfort breeds complacency".
Please don't get me wrong, I have a huge amount of respect for our Chinese / Far Eastern brothers and sisters, I just have a reservations about some of the companies practices where safety is concerned (having visited China and seen a chap suspended from a gantry hoist filling a smelter below with chunks of zinc alloy while the hoist operator was knee deep in workshop waste)

cheers

Dave

Definitely worth a look. Would be great if you could write a quick review of their performance when you receive them.

Just going to add my $0.025USD here. I won't buy cheap goggles period. You get two eyes and that's it. Do you really want to trust them to a cheap $4 pair of glasses. I don't and that's why I only buy mine from reputable places such as OEM Laser Systems (aka OEM around here). Yes you'll pay a lot but they're guaranteed to do what they claim.

edit: Well hell. I went to go get a link from OEM's site only to be greeted with a message saying they've closed down. They're in negations with another company to continue the business so here's to hoping they come back.

Last edited: