Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New buyer, please help :)

IamIan

Hi guys, if you couldn't tell I'm a little new here. I'm also a little new to laser pointers in general. I've been doing some research tonight and I think that what I'm looking for is a 30 mW green laser (probably 532?). The 30 is just strong enough and anything else is a little overkill, i could handle a 50mW, but that's about it. I was really hoping for some advice on where to purchase the laser. What I'm looking for is something with the aesthetic of the Lyra by Laserglow ( https://new.laserglow.com/product/lyra-green-laser-pointer ) or maybe a pen laser. I'm looking for a good quality laser (without the price being crazy). I hope that this post doesn't come across as needy or anything, I just wanted to make sure I was as specific as I could think to be at two in the morning after 10 hours of work and then 4 hours of excited research. I hope that I didn't forget anything, and thank you to anyone who takes the time to read my post :)

GSS

Welcome:)
New members usually pointed towards the cheap 301 hosts as they are the best bang for the dollar but as you mentioned youv'e been doing some exciting research;) they can run up to 90mw. You can chance buying 2 or 3 or even 4 of them at $8 each as there is a good chance of one running as low as 30mw.
Laserglow are really nice units but yup they look like they are limited to 5mw..
Have you seen Optotronic's, as they have some top notch pens that are metered before shipping with a written slip of output.
They do look like a typical pen pointer though if that doesn't bother you..

Hi,
I can make you a lower power green pen let me know. PM me if interested.

Rich:)

GSS

Hi,
I can make you a lower power green pen let me know. PM me if interested.

^^^^This Option^^^^ just might be perfect:)
IamIan, didn't even think to ask for what use you might need it for or you just wan't a nice looking pointer?
532 Dpss's do not run well when cold out. A direct 520 diode is just about as bright and works well in the cold and I can picture one of Litetime17"s all Aluminum host's with 1 or 2 10440's..;)

GSS

Double post but trying to find that one 10440 host in bare Aluminum that I think you posted. Not the one with the cone shape ends.
Bare or powered coated white with a brass focus knob might be nice..

Hi Gss,
This one in Teal the whit one is gone..

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_928.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_928.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 7
The 301 and 303 lasers offered almost everywhere on eBay are your best bang for a buck if you are wanting a 532nm laser pointer. They do tend to be a bit higher in power than 30 mW, but even at 80 mW the difference won't be that noticeable. I have seen them go recently for as little as $5.00 with free shipping. They take up to ten days to get to me on the west coast, but it could take more or less time depending on where you live.

'Hi guys, if you couldn't tell I'm a little new here. '

yep
and you skipped right pass 'Newcomers'... you know 'newcomer' is NOT a dirty word..... it is where (if you want us be your friend) you introduce yourself.. read the 'Welcome' stickies PLEASE..
After you do that you can ask for all the help you want.. just show us some respect --thank you...(btw) a good title for your welcome thread has your (general) location in it.. that way members local to you may see that and respond.. hands-on help is the best help.
AND we never ask anything to meter the lasers of other members...hak near HOUSTON TEXAS.

also if not done already--add your location into your profile--in time you will agree that doing that is very important.. trust me.
thankx hak (in S. Texas)

Last edited: