Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New and hungry

I am very curios to try to zap mosquitoes with the laser even if it isn't focused. Could the laser damage their wings at a distance?
Just my opinion, a practical laser mosquito zapper seems crazy dangerous. If it has the power to injure a mosquito, I can only imagine what it would do to others walking by.

You say you've always wanted to play with lasers, go have fun but avoid this kind of contraption.

Vets correct me if I'm wrong.

Sta

Just my opinion, a practical laser mosquito zapper seems crazy dangerous. If it has the power to injure a mosquito, I can only imagine what it would do to others walking by.

You say you've always wanted to play with lasers, go have fun but avoid this kind of contraption.

Vets correct me if I'm wrong.

You are only wrong by understatement. Such a contraption would not only be dangerous but suicidal. It would get the attention of police, and blind the idiot who built it along with everyone else in the neighborhood.

It wouldn't be as much fun, but it would be cheaper

Even with a 4w laser i need to track it, but if the lasers are so dangerous for eyes why not just blind the mosquito ?

You are right, but I realize that I can't track mosquitoes in real time so a 20w laser array projector maybe it will do the trick so nothing gets missed

Sta

You are right, but I realize that I can't track mosquitoes in real time so a 20w laser array projector maybe it will do the trick so nothing gets missed
If you still don't realize the risks of randomly shining 20W lasers around, should never be allowed to own a laser of any kind.

But we got of topic, will a mosquito get disabled by a projector even if it a low 4w or a 20w?

Also I will build this projector, I will order 5 lasers this is not trolling

this is what I want but is to expensive so I will settle with a projector
:banghead:No, how about you settle for a citronella candle. That will provide much better service, and guess what's even better, at the end of the day you can still watch the sun go down.:umbrella:

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Dreamsfain, you obviously have no idea about laser safety. Even, with experienced people telling you it is a bad idea, you still continue arguing your point. I have never seen someone post that they want to get rid of their blink reflex by switching to IR before.

What-Meme-13.jpg

Take our advice and do what the rest of the world does, get insect spray.

I understand you but I think you guys exaggerate a bit with the eye danger not many people have been injured by lasers