Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New "505"nm diodes

@Joeybab3

I keep a running list of all the iterations of these diodes and their wavelengths and pin out configurations. Your SB147E891 is a typo. It should be SB147EB91.

@Joeybab3

I keep a running list of all the iterations of these diodes and their wavelengths and pin out configurations. Your SB147E891 is a typo. It should be SB147EB91.

Thanks for catching that... I'll fix it.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Has anyone else got any info on these SB217HL91/SB217HN91's (GH05030C2LM) diodes other than Paul who is off currently? The SB1573N91's are all over $100 each now, whilst these new diodes are still going cheap. What I'm really hoping for is that they are newer <505nm diodes that the sellers haven't caught on to raise the price yet. :p

I'm currently trying to decipher Sharps Product codes.
From what I can tell for most, definitely not all of their visible low power laser diodes it goes like this.

GH0 - XX (First Two Numbers of Wavelength) - XX (Power in mW) - D ( if includes a Photodiode (PD)) - W (if is a multimode (MM) diode) -A2G (Seems to be their code for the package type. A2G = 5.6mm Can; A5G = 3.8mm Can, A8C = 1.8mm Frame)

For example: GH05035A2G would be a 500nm series diode with a rated power of 35mW, doesn't include a photodiode, is single mode and has a 5.6mm Can package.

So in that case, what on earth is -C2LM?

What I can get from the code is that is also a 500nm series, has a rated power of 30mW, doesn't include a photodiode and is also single mode, but does have a unknown package type. :thinking: Yet from eBay listings we know it is also most likely a 5.6mm Can. :confused:

Last edited:
At the moment there is only the info of the two that I sent to Paul, a SB217HL91 doing 502nm and a SB217HN91 doing 505nm.

Anyway, with previous revisions of the SB the difference between them was at most 2.5-3nm, so...

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. Hopefully when Paul is well and recovered we can get a run down of a batch for both.
For us it is good news in one aspect. We have possibly got another source of <505's at <$100 for the meantime. The bad news is that without making sure, we could end up with two different iterations again. And asking for the HL's could make them catch on once more causing them to raise the price. I also wonder whether or not their are more iterations than this as well just like the A2G's.

Interesting, thanks for sharing that. Hopefully when Paul is well and recovered we can get a run down of a batch for both.
For us it is good news in one aspect. We have possibly got another source of <505's at <$100 for the meantime. The bad news is that without making sure, we could end up with two different iterations again. And asking for the HL's could make them catch on once more causing them to raise the price. I also wonder whether or not their are more iterations than this as well just like the A2G's.

There are more iterations, but I don't know the source.
Actually the available ones are SB1573N91 at ~100$ and the SB217HL91/HN91 for 35$. Curious thing is that in fact existotem thought he sent two identical diodes to me, they hadn't got knowledge that they got different diodes from what seems to be the same batch.

My personal recommendation is picking them up before price raises, we don't know how many do they have.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, they probably don't have a clue themselves until suspicion is raised. If it wasn't for the extensive testing we've done at LPF, we wouldn't have as much knowledge on the iterations either. So far I have have 5 iterations for the GH05035A2G variant, and 2 for the GH05030C2LM variant. All with differing wavelength bands and case polarities.

Edit: Albert do you happen to know the case polarity for the HL91 and HN91?

Last edited:
Yes, they probably don't have a clue themselves until suspicion is raised. If it wasn't for the extensive testing we've done at LPF, we wouldn't have as much knowledge on the iterations either. So far I have have 5 iterations for the GH05035A2G variant, and 2 for the GH05030C2LM variant. All with differing wavelength bands and case polarities.

Edit: Albert do you happen to know the case polarity for the HL91 and HN91?

Yes, they are case positive, so blitz's linear driver and 2x li ions are required for them to run.

Wishing someone makes a driver like that but with the boost feature ._.

I just bought some of these diodes with expedited shipping. Will measure them asap when then arrive, so we know if the one that was wl tested by us so far was a freak one or the whole batch is <502nm. Will keep you updated!

Singlemode

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Singlemode.
I'm interested in finding out more about the SB217HL91's specifically. Hopefully they are consistent <505's like the SB1473N91, SB1573N91 and SB157EC91's. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Oh. That’s not good. A bit of pot luck then with those ones. Thanks for updating.