Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New ~445nm Build!

Hello everyone! It's been years since I've been a regular visitor of LPF, but just recently I had an old associate ask me what was happening in the laser world these days. To which I had the answer: No fucking clue. The guy was disappointed, and I was ashamed. So, here I am, looking for some info on new 445nm diodes drivers and such...

I'll do my own basic research, but does anyone have opinions on the highest powered reasonably priced diode/driver combo's I should be looking at? Any difference in lenses? Are G2's still the best for raw power? What about beam coherence? Yada, yada....
Everyone just list off your favorite blue diode, doesn't even have to be 445nm, higher is better! Just not green. Obviously.

Thank's LPF members, its good to be back.

-John G

Welcome back ,man
Now ,we have nubm44-v2 diode,it is highest power laser diode (can see by eye)
It can reach 8.5-8.9w but 7w is popular when use g2 lens
About driver, DTR still provide SXD driver ,it is great
We have some driver from X-wossee and Astralis,both provide driver for all diode we have
Good luck for find,a little infomation from mine,😬.

thankyou this is exactly what I was looking for, appreciate the solid response!

You may be disappointed with the NUBM44 diode as it has the worst divergence specs of any diode out there. You will get more of a line than a dot or even a rectangular box when using this diode with any short focal length aspheric lens, like the G2. Unfortunately, the higher the power of these blue laser diodes, the worse their divergence specs are. You won't get anything like the divergence of the M140s or the NDB7875s. You can add a beam expander to help with the far field divergence to some extent, but you will increase the diameter of the near field beam profile to get a tighter far field beam profile.

You said no greens but have you seen a NDG/NUGM in the night air ? 1w of 520-525nm is quite nice and divergence is similar to m-140, add a 60 dollar 3X beam expander and you can paint a spot on some very distant targets in the daylight.......yes daylight.

Hi I agree those NUMB03’s have great spot size either with or without the ball lens. Make them open can and they get even better. With a G2 so imagine with a 3X BE
Rich