Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Never go to the WL Forums!!!

Sefrez

There moderators SUCK!

When ever you say the slightest thing, they delete your post.
Like I had a thread with about 28 replies, then I say that one of my orders is taking a while to ship. BOOM they delete my whole thread because I said something "negative" about them.

NO, I did not order any expensive laser from them! Nor will I EVER just because of that!

Sefrez

I'm advertising it in a bad way.  :( Saying not to go, and I posted no links. But sorry though.

Now I'm not defending WL but I must ask why anyone would think that posting a message on any forum comes with some kind of guarantee of freedom of speech. WL forums are clearly forums created for one purpose only: to increase WL sales. You are on their company forums, they own those forums and thus can do anything they want with those forums regardless of how you feel about it. Their moderators don't suck, they are following company policy to promote WL systems which means anything negative should be removed.

If c0ld wanted to delete my post about this thread he has every right to do so with or without my permission. He owns these boards not me. I have no expectation of freedom of speech on a private forum. Sure the forum is in a public space but the rules for posting on this forum clearly indicate he can censor as he sees fit.

As much as many like to think so, you cannot say anything you like on the Internet. Very few URLs are open to any comment that comes down the pike. I moderate a few other boards and some of the idiots freak when I delete a post that is clearly stupid or inflammatory. They act as if their rhetoric is some how more enlightened and that it gives them some kind of right to post on a forum. As an Administrator, I am the one clearly enlightened as I have the power over the delete button. Once again, might makes right.

Sefrez

FrothyChimp said:
Now I'm not defending WL but I must ask why anyone would think that posting a message on any forum comes with some kind of guarantee of freedom of speech. WL forums are clearly forums created for one purpose only: to increase WL sales. You are on their company forums, they own those forums and thus can do anything they want with those forums regardless of how you feel about it. Their moderators don't suck, they are following company policy to promote WL systems which means anything negative should be removed.

If c0ld wanted to delete my post about this thread he has every right to do so with or without my permission. He owns these boards not me. I have no expectation of freedom of speech on a private forum. Sure the forum is in a public space but the rules for posting on this forum clearly indicate he can censor as he sees fit.

As much as many like to think so, you cannot say anything you like on the Internet. Very few URLs are open to any comment that comes down the pike. I moderate a few other boards and some of the idiots freak when I delete a post that is clearly stupid or inflammatory. They act as if their rhetoric is some how more enlightened and that it gives them some kind of right to post on a forum. As an Administrator, I am the one clearly enlightened as I have the power over the delete button. Once again, might makes right.

Thats true, but they go over board with it, and that to me, pushes me away from buying there products. And I'm sure others feel the same.

I've been to a whole lot of forums and also moderate some, never have I seen mods like them.

But yeah, your right, they can do what ever thay want.

People should be able to post honest thoughts and opinions about their lasers though. Deleting everything negative is just ridiculous. Theyre simply BSing that they have the greatest lasers in the world when they do not. They dont even take peoples neg. opinions and try to make their lasers better. They just delete and act like the problens dont exist. Regardless theyre wipin their asses with money :p Steve (owner of WL) said they sell ~300 spyders a year :eek:

Now you know why they moderate so heavily. Your honest opinion means nothing. It's about the sales, that's why the forum exists to support their sales.

FrothyChimp said:
Now you know why they moderate so heavily. Your honest opinion means nothing. It's about the sales, that's why the forum exists to support their sales.
yes and they only get away with it because of foolish technicalities ::) since all their positive testimonials are true ::) otherwise it would be fraud/false advertising. ooo the world we live in :-/

Fraud?!? It's a Chinese company. They don't have to worry about fraud as long as they are not defrauding their own country folk. Why do you think that so many pirated products come out of China? They are not doing us a favor, they are creating an influx of capital into China. The one thing the Chinese government understands about capitalism is that profit is a good thing and the government supports those companies that draw capital into the country.

While I don't agree with frothychimp I think he's right. I mean wicked could care less about you. There in it for the money, its just that simple. They know that there are always going to be idiots buying there overpriced under spec and generally bad products. :p Just my 0.02 dollars.

--hydro15

artix

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=FrothyChimp link=1220768710/0#6 date=1220772353]Now you know why they moderate so heavily. Your honest opinion means nothing. It's about the sales, that's why the forum exists to support their sales.
yes and they only get away with it because of foolish technicalities  ::) since all their positive testimonials are true  ::) otherwise it would be fraud/false advertising. ooo the world we live in  :-/[/quote]

WL told me to write a positive review about my pulsar, and they said they would give me a free core! I made the small review and they gave me the core! I like WL because of that, but when I get a high powered green, I will go with Nova. ;)

Artix said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1220768710/0#7 date=1220773006][quote author=FrothyChimp link=1220768710/0#6 date=1220772353]Now you know why they moderate so heavily. Your honest opinion means nothing. It's about the sales, that's why the forum exists to support their sales.
yes and they only get away with it because of foolish technicalities  ::) since all their positive testimonials are true  ::) otherwise it would be fraud/false advertising. ooo the world we live in  :-/[/quote]

WL told me to write a positive review about my pulsar, and they said they would give me a free core! I made the small review and they gave me the core! I like WL because of that, but when I get a high powered green, I will go with Nova. ;)[/quote]
::)*coughgoughbriberycoughcough* ::)

Sefrez

Artix said:
WL told me to write a positive review about my pulsar, and they said they would give me a free core! I made the small review and they gave me the core! I like WL because of that, but when I get a high powered green, I will go with Nova. ;)

Thats nice. Still pushing you to write positive though. But I'm not talking about the sellers, It's the forum mods.

i remember when i got a free core. it was for anyone who was a member for over 6 months with 100+ posts. that was cool ;D but that was before the new rules ::)