Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

nees help from Exp. australian

hello if your an australian or know about australian "stuff" please help
i am looking for a site that would sell quality cheap (if those two words go togetger i dont know you tell me) laser diodes and drivers of all wave lenghts.
or any sort of universal driver that i could conect lasers of different wavelenghts to
cheers

I'm from Australia too. I have helped out many Aussies with their builds... So do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Basically all our laser parts come from over seas, but I do have a few odds and end laying around sometimes, so you could ask me, or a few other Aussie members here for parts, for faster shipping time.

Take care, and welcome to the forum! -Adrian

Re: need help from Exp. australian

hey thanks.
how much will you usually charge. being 14 there arnt many other people around that i know that i can trade with, also being 14 means i do not have banking details etc so my mum has to buy thinhs for me so it suks unles its free. i highly doubt it lol. i cant get it from you yet.
cheers

I usually charge the price of the item lol.... I tend to make my money on labor when I build other peoples lasers, but if you want a proxy for parts, or just need a few odds and ends I will sell at the same price I bought it... And if you a loyal customer, I do add in things for free.

PS: The most accepted payment method on this forum is paypal. If you don't already have a paypal account, It can be set up at paypal.com.au, by doing this, it will allow you to send money instantly to most members here in LPF and also on ebay. Its just more convenient, for you and the supplier that way.

All the best -Adrian

yeah we have paypal. i still cant get an answer to this maybe you could help.
if i make a driver will it drive diferent wavelength laser diodes?
cheers

It will, but the current the driver outputs will need to be adjustable, because different diodes require different input current. For example a PHR-803T 405nm blu-ray diode requires ~100ma input from the driver, where as a red would typically need ~400ma input. So depending on the type of diode you are using will determine the amount of current the driver must output for each diode.

Hope that helped -Adrian

Well yes... But there are drivers with a set current out put... for example the o-like blu-ray driver, comes with a fixed current output. This driver is not interchangeable with other diodes. So that's why you need to suit the driver to your laser.

Things

Getting lasers into AU isn't particularly hard, you just gotta know how to do it.

First off, if you want a pointer from over the internet, that is >1mW, ask the seller if they can send the battery tube and pointer itself in separate packages. It may cost a bit more in shipping, but it should get the laser through customs.

Or, you can build your own! Many members here offer nice hosts, and you can just buy the module/diodes from the internet. Laser modules (lab modules) are still legal in AU, and you shouldn't have any problem with them in customs.