Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some help to build 2 Watt 635nm Analog Laser

Little about myself: I work on medical lasers daily. Lasers include, co2, nd yag, ktp, pulsed dye, diode, and use to work on ION lasers.

On the side I like to do laser light shows. I have 16 Ion laser, medium frame and 1 large frame, 2 white light diode projectors and 2 beam tables. I am now converting my beam tables over to solid state. Got the green 1.1 Watt CNI and blue 2.2 Watt CNI both analog. The red I want to build myself since I do not have over $2K to spend on a 635 laser other than firing up one of my krypton heads. Does someone know how to build a diode array, bar, or an efficient laser with the right optics? I want to make sure the beam does not look like a fat 8mm beam.

Cooling is on issue. will use a heat exchanger with flouronert to cool the base plate. Any help would be greatly appereciated.
Thank you,
Matt B.

Things

Hi Matt, might be better to check in over at photonlexicon.com, more for scanner based discussion over there :)

As for a 2W red, unfortunately there is no way you're going to get that from a diode based laser without a really big beam, as to get a red of that power you'll need to combine a few diodes, which have really bad beam specs to start with, or a heap of smaller ones, which will end up with a large beam anyway. If there was any way to get pencil thin high powered red beams with diodes we'd be all over it ;)

Last edited:

ARG

2W is quite a bit. You may be able to get away with just four diodes.

A setup like this will give you a nice beam.
aWCzI.jpg