Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some good tips!

I'm doing a build with a 1.5W M140 445 diode. Does anyone have any tips about the drive I should build and where to purchase a host?

Hey Down,

You can contact many members on here about hosts, I don't specifically remember their usernames but there are many that build cheap/quality hosts!

Tmack

Just did a build with one of these today. http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/first-build-1-2w-e2-m140-pen-86247.html

You can use a variety of things for a host. C6 flashlight 501b flashlight, or go custom host from sinner, mrcrouse, ehgemus , but those will be a bit pricey . I also had one in a c11 side clicker I like a lot.

The driver depends on the host and how many batteries you want to run. With one battery you would need a boost driver, and two batteries an x drive, buck drive etc. current is up to you how hard you want to push the diode. 1a will give you anywhere around 1w and my c11 is running at 1.8 putting out 1.6w. The lens will also be a factor with power. A three element will give you a cleaner dot but sacrifice power . A g2/g9 will give you up to 25-30% more power but the divergence and dot will suffer. Lots of options here for what you want in the end.

Thanks guys, i went with the Cree XML t-6 for a host and using two 18650 4000mah batteries. I have a G2 lens.
On a separate build I want to use two disposable 123, that should be ok if the buck board is requiring 6V-7.2V? The host I'm looking at holds two 123s

Depends. If the cells are both 3.7 volt cells yes.... Just make sure that the cells u use end up with the correct voltage.

:beer:
-Matt