Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some explanations.

OVNI

Thanks to all of you guys. Its been busy last days. First OVNI. Your last explanation was very good, now im getting it at least i think that. I got only one question for you. You said that if i use potentiometer i dont want to anyone set it to 0 ohms. I undertund that gives highest current. But i was just wondering if i put in in series to 1 ohm resistor in that 1w 445nm diode case then its resistance adds to my 1 ohm. But 1 ohm shows to be enough for 1w laser, so if i set it 0 so theres only my 1 ohm resistor and its enough, in this case i cant kill my diode, am i right?

Yes, you are right given the underlined statements are true. Good luck. Keep asking questions. That's what the forum is for. But make sure you're answering questions also for a productive dialog.

diachi

445nm is only one with 405nm what diode i can get easily from ebay for very good price. My favourite would be 473 nm but it seems to be one of the most expensive. Also 520nm seems to be very rare. I cant buy mostly from your given webpages because the postage cost would be just too high. If i pay like 40 bucks for postage then it makes buying from there pointless. I checked eagles protective glasses and what i found. They cost 40 buck and postage is another 40 bucks. That makes it pointless. Best postage prices are usually in ebay. I wanna also thank for your offering to assist me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZgqGTxL9cA

473nm is usually DPSS which is much more complicated to produce than just a diode. You'd really need to buy a completed module with driver and just put it in a host. Still expensive that way.

520nm isn't that rare, it's just still fairly new technology so the prices are a little higher than 532nm - at least at the lower powers.

$80 for a good pair of laser glasses isn't pointless - how much is your eyesight worth to you? $80 is cheap as far as laser glasses go, I've seen certified glasses from other sources at ~$200 a pair. Better to spend $80 on something that you know works than cheap out and risk your eyesight.

Tamm

Hi, Ovni sure if i have enough knowledge to answer ;) And thanks again.

Pman, unfortunately they wont ship to estonia, but im gonna try to contact them maybe. I cant see their other diodes for sale also.

Diachi, sure eyes are the most valuable. But still not gonna buy first one, gonna watch price too, i think some chinese(around 40 bucks) would work too. Of course im gonna test them first when i get my laser done.

OVNI

In case you forget Ohm's Law, this might help ...

TwdwRpGm.jpg

Benm

^^ should be in physics textbooks, saves lots of time explaining :D