Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need schematic for 250vac to 9vdc

lazer

Does anyone have a schematic for a power supply capable of dropping 25vac to 9dc at 1amp? I'm not the best at making schematics so if someone could make one, that would be great.:thanks:

Is that 25Vac like in your Post or 250Vac like in your Title...:thinking:
And what exactly do you need to power...

Jerry

I'll just bet he's planning on powering a WFTM ;)
I could sell you a realy nice switching power supply that would plug into the wall and into your WFTM and will supply plenty of filtered safe power for your WFTM. It is a brick style supply, ask Eugene420 about his he bought one from me for his WFTM.
When you have something that costs as much as a WFTM you don't want to run it with something that could end up killing it, a good power supply is just as important as the load being supplied. the switching power supply I have is the best I cauld find and will delever clean power. they are only $20.00 and well worth it.

Last edited:

lazer

lol yes it's meant to power my WF. I want a second power supply for it. Let me think about it. I was considering building one but 20 bucks is a good price.

what voltage AC were you planning on using to convert it to 9v?....
250v or 25v :thinking:

stuart :)

Use a transformer to take down your 24(0?) volts to 12 (transformer equations are easy enough, just pick one with the correct number of coils for your input/output requirements and high enough current rating at output), rectify with 4 sillicon diodes or bridge rectifier, then filter with a capacitor, before using an LM317 in voltage "mode" to make a regulated 9v line.