Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need information about lens

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I will ask to him some questions about his laser.

Thanks for all your help I will answer you when I will have my laser ready

I bought my G2 lens drom DTRs shop and i Assume that it is not backwards from a professional but for some reason i can not get this thing to focus any closer than basically the bare diode and i have to be doing something wrong. If not then the lens must be backwards from DTR, which i dont think is likely.
I cant figure out how to upload a picture on this damn website eiher. But when focused all the way out its a very large rectangle and focused all the way in its a smaller rectangle about a foot long.

The lens should be facing with the flat side facing the diode and the rounded side facing away. It is possible that a spring or an error in the threading on your laser is preventing the lens from adjusting fully as well.

DTR

I bought my G2 lens drom DTRs shop and i Assume that it is not backwards from a professional but for some reason i can not get this thing to focus any closer than basically the bare diode and i have to be doing something wrong. If not then the lens must be backwards from DTR, which i dont think is likely.
I cant figure out how to upload a picture on this damn website eiher. But when focused all the way out its a very large rectangle and focused all the way in its a smaller rectangle about a foot long.

In your PM you also said all the way in and all the way out which just got me thinking. Are you focusing while the unit is on or just going all the way in and turning it on and all the way out and turning it on. If you screwed it all the way in it would be well past the focused point. If you are all the way in and turn it on then slowly unscrew the lens it does it not get smaller?

On units in modules with a lens I ship them focused to the best point so unless you turned it a bunch it should have been pretty close to focused. I can say for sure the lens would not be in backwards.:)

Last edited: