Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help with flashlight host

I recently bought a flashlight, I bought a "Energizer HARD CASE Professional Inspection Flashlight 2 AAA", I was wondering if I needed a driver or not, to me it looked like it has circuit board, I was hoping I could use that for my driver, it was similar to the Dorcy Jr, someone help me please, I'm a noob at making lasers, I've only built 1 so far.

Asherz

I recently bought a flashlight, I bought a "Energizer HARD CASE Professional Inspection Flashlight 2 AAA", I was wondering if I needed a driver or not, to me it looked like it has circuit board, I was hoping I could use that for my driver, it was similar to the Dorcy Jr, someone help me please, I'm a noob at making lasers, I've only built 1 so far.

Welcome to the forum :)

Well, as for the drive you mentioned in that flashlight you will need to check that it regulates current to a reasonable level 100-400mA.

It's almost always easier to just get a flex drive in a flashlight host, and get a custom heatsink done but this is difficult unless you want to ship the host to someone like Ehegumus or Jayrob or Flaminpyro.

Check out some of Jayrob's pre made kits, he has loads of flashlights with custom made heatsinks, for a small fee he will also mount your driver for you so all you have to do is solder on a diode in a module. :)

Thank you for all the help, my problem is now solved, I did try a few of kipkays lasers, and the outcome was they stink, all of them do, especially the mini-mag, they are too complicated to build, thank you for your help and time.

Asherz

Thank you for all the help, my problem is now solved, I did try a few of kipkays lasers, and the outcome was they stink, all of them do, especially the mini-mag, they are too complicated to build, thank you for your help and time.

Yea his videos are very cut down, he misses key points in all his videos and often doesn't show the hardest parts of the builds.

Plus he has no idea what he is doing, or talking about.