Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need Help [Super noob] [No Knowledge of lasers]

A few years back i ordered a red laser from ebay expecting it to be ready for use. i paid nearly $100 i think but when i got it, it was just a piece of junk in my eyes. What is this and what can i do with it? What do i need to getting "running" hahah Thanks in advance.

FanYk3m.jpg

Deekiik.jpg

Oh boy. Your going to be really mad when you hear this.

Its a 532nm(green) DPSS module. And you'll hate to hear that its
no where near a 100 dollar unit(until i see detailed pictures or a LPM graph)

The good news is that it looks unused.

But you would need a simple pen host to fit that into.
I'm not too sure where to get just the hosts though.

With that info, best of luck bud and i hope it turns out good :)

haha no worries, like i said it was a long time ago. is there any ways to make a host? i know it sounds kind of bad but this is more of a toy to me and i dont plan on investing anymore money. like is the host important or could i just get something to hold batteries and then use wires/old flashlight items to rig it? haha. And what do you mean detailed pic? also whats a LPM graph?

Last edited:
okay i understand the host thing, but what is the importance of the host other than "hosting the laser" i am wondering if it is possible just to rig it to see if the laser actually works before i go off spending money. "i have never actually gotten it to work due to me having no knowledge to what i have"

Other than keeping your electronics and batteries in same place, there's not much use for a pen host :p At least not this one, anyway.

If you wanna give the laser a quick test, apply ~3Volts, negative side on the spring on the board, and positive on the brass casing part, and press the button.

2x AA or AAA batteries will do fine for a quick test. Don't use lithium ions.

Blord

Not all pen host are the same. Sometimes the module fits and it will be very loose inside or it doesn't fit at all.
You will be spending more money on unnecessary parts than buy a new green laser. New green cost nowadays $4-$5 shipped.

D

Deleted member 37156

Here is an option that is almost free.

Look at my cheap Altoids build.

DSCN8238_zpsed237439.jpg

just wire up your laser with 2 aa battery pack

red wire (positive) to spring

black wire (negative) to chrome/gold casing

test it out :beer:

Zeebit

You have it backwards. Green laser modules are case positive that means the negative battery terminal should be connected to the spring.

ohh haha

solder negative wire to spring and positive to chrome case

sorry BTW..