Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help setting up Group-Buy

Hi All.

My name ist Stephan and i am from Germany. I tried organising a group buy some months ago but the supplier i picked was kinda not trustworth, they did send me samples though but tried to charge me hillarious amounts for them (i asked for free samples btw.).
This GB would have been setup for pen style hosts.

Now i did some intensive research during the last couple of days and got in toch with a number of companys supplying GGW, SF-AW, PHR and LPC selds.

Right now i picked the supplier that seemed the most trustful to me and i am just about to
get the last discount scale for sled quantyties of 10-50, 50-100 etc. (if theres room for more).

For those of you who don't know me i can only refer to a lablaser i sold to daguin as well as various sleds i bought of ndrew, bluray and jake21. I just recently bought some stuff of jayrob and flaminpyro. I paid straight away and never had any intentions to con people.

Unforunately all my rep points have been lost when the forum got its new design, server whatever the reason was. So please don't judge me by those little buggers as there are none at the monent ;)

Now i am at a stage where i need help figuring the last bits out to get the cheapest possible way to offer you those sleds.

1.) What's the cheapest international shipping service
2.) What's the weight of a single sled (boxed)
3.) Anyone who would participate in the GB
4.) Anyone within the US who could be turning point for US buyers (to reduce shipping costs)

Maybe this will fail, maybe someone's interested in jumping on the train.
Hoping for lots of replys.

-Stephan

Tabish

I MAY be interested in PHR/LPC/6x sleds.

Assuming the price is lower than the rest.

Sorry, but I don't have the answers to your questions.

There are already sellers on LPF selling the same items...
If you can sell them for less then you will have buyers...
if not... then you will be wasting your time...

1) You will need to do a little research to find what is would
cost from your location to any customers...
2) You will need top buy a scale and weigh what you are shipping
3) We have no prices and you have not tested a sample from your supplier
4) Don't understanf "Turning Point"

Remember... there are direct costs to you involved as well....

a) shipping costs to different locations on the globe
b) packing/shipping materials (labels.. ink... padded envelopes
c) your time to package and take the packages to the Shipper
d) gas or transportation costs...

Just a few things I could think of off the top of my head...

Good luck with your GB...:cool:

Jerry

daguin

I'll give you the rep you got from me before after our deal. :)

ScopeGuy20 pretty much takes care of the US GB for sleds.

Also people who do not want to wait on the time needed for a GB, there are a couple of stores that usually have sleds pretty cheap.

I would say there is a definite need in the EU for a GB supplier though.

Peace,
dave

Hi All.

All of your replies are much appreciated.

Laserbee pointed out some major points keep my head very busy.

1.) Shipping
- Shipping to the US is what concerns me the most. A single large padded envelope with approximately 500g of sleds in there will cost 6€ ~ 9USD and here is where my headache starts. I do not have any sleds left to figure out how heavy a single one is.
Maybe someone could pop out thei scale and let me know. (GGW would be the best as it is the haviest i assume)

2.) Sample
- Sample should be on its way to my house. GGW of course. Will find out how good they are and let you all know.

3.) "Turning point"
- Sorry might be just made up in my head. I was thinking of someone participating in the groupbuy for US buyers. So that person will receive all sleds to send out within the US to reduce some shipping costs.

4.) Daguin mentioned something i was thinking of since i am into lasers.
There's no supplier i know for EU buyers. If i could fill this gap ... what can i say ... :)

@Daguin: Thank you for giving me my rep back :) THUMPS UP FOR U !!!

I wish you luck with your group buy but I think shipping costs stateside will keep your prices above what we pay now, I would concentrate on EU like Dave said the market is wide open there, IMHO...

Have a fine day ! :)

Peace All...

I wasn't aware that you were in the UK...
your Sig didn't give me a clue...

Yeah...perhaps a GB for the UK/Europe region would make more sense..

Jerry...

Hi,
FYI, I sell PHRs and LPCs, I'm in the UK, and I've found that the difference in price between GB cost (after shipping, packaging, PayPal fees etc) and "retail" ($13 for PHRs and LPCs I sell) is much too small for people to want a GB, unless they're buying in bulk (I'd estimate the cost at GB level to be $10-11 shipped, when bought in a qty of 50). As for GGWs and SF-AW210s, I'd guess you could get a bit more interest in these, but you may be aware Rayfoss or O-Like sell SF-AW210s for $31.

I've dealt with a supplier in the past, probably the same one as the one you've found (XH?), so if you need a hand and there's enough interest from people, I'd be happy to do or assist in something like this. I also have a pair of "untested - possibly "new style" GGWs (I remember reading they were like SFs?) from a supplier I don't believe we've used before, if all goes well with them I could end up doing a GB for them for about $50 shipped. Let me know if you need a hand, I'd be happy to help.

Charlie

Last edited:
Hi.

Just to let you know this is still in progress.
With the helping hand of charliebruce i/we will be able to offer those ggw sleds for the competitive 60 (real ggw not new style i got assured) bucks per sled i hope.

I will try to set up some phr and lpc option as well.

There will be a feeler for the ggw gb soon. so keep lurking for it :)

-King