Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help! - Searching for a 35-50mW 532nm Green Laser

Hey all!

I'm a noob here, and I purchased my 2nd laser yesterday from laserpointerpro (RIP $10 and I haven't even gotten it yet) :drool:

I'm looking to buy 35-50mW 532nm Green Laser pointer, one that is very bright and & easy to see at night. If it's more powerful, that's totally fine.
The reason I am posting here, is I want to get a true ~50mW green laser for a good price.
Currently I'm looking at this one: New Special Cute Burning 50mW green laser torch/focusable/ [OL-CG-50] - $19.50 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

You guys are the pros here, help me out! Thanks in advance,

-Shiba

If you are looking for a 532nm laser at 50 mW or higher, I'd go for a 303 on eBay for $5.00. If you would like batteries and a charger and star caps, you can get it for ~$9.50. These are as good as the binned ones on other sites for more money. I don't have a link handy, but you can just search 532nm laser pointers.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the input! I'll be sure to check those out and make a purchase sometime soon. As for my introduction, I'll do that once I know a little more about lasers and have a few under my belt :D

Gazen

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input! I'll be sure to check those out and make a purchase sometime soon. As for my introduction, I'll do that once I know a little more about lasers and have a few under my belt :D

What’s your budget? If you want to step up in quality you could go for a Sanwu pocket 520 50mW, an optotronics pen that is metered, or a jetlasers 520nm or 532nm.

What’s your budget? If you want to step up in quality you could go for a Sanwu pocket 520 50mW, an optotronics pen that is metered, or a jetlasers 520nm or 532nm.

:thanks: I've seen those, they look pretty cool. As for now, I want to stick with the cheaper side of around $10-50.

The Sanwu 304 is the most likely one at the moment, since I've heard that eBay 303's aren't always the correct mW they say they are. Seems like it's a journey to truly get the laser you want!

GSS

:thanks: I've seen those, they look pretty cool. As for now, I want to stick with the cheaper side of around $10-50.

The Sanwu 304 is the most likely one at the moment, since I've heard that eBay 303's aren't always the correct mW they say they are. Seems like it's a journey to truly get the laser you want!
301,s 303's and 304's are basicly the same laser.
Sanwu's 304's "are" ebay laser's that Sanwu metered and binned. No cheaper 532nm are ever correct and can run from 30mw to 90mw.
Best deal is to get 2 or 3 of the 301 or 303's as the output will vary and there's an excellent chance one will be 90mw+ For $5 or $6 a pop you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
301,s 303's and 304's are basicly the same laser.
Sanwu's 304's "are" ebay laser's that Sanwu metered and binned. No cheaper 532nm are ever correct and can run from 30mw to 90mw.
Best deal is to get 2 or 3 of the 301 or 303's as the output will vary and there's an excellent chance one will be 90mw+ For $5 or $6 a pop you can't go wrong.

Gotcha, I'll have to go for that route then! What about getting a 1W blue 445nm? Any recommendations on a starting point there? I've heard for power ouput, the blue diodes run cheaper than green.

Thanks again for the help!

Gotcha, I'll have to go for that route then! What about getting a 1W blue 445nm?

Hi shibaduba:

Unless you’re experienced with high power lasers, a 1 Watt burner is an extremely bad idea. Permanent blindness can result from as short as 0.25 second beam exposure— faster than humans can blink! Lasers can be fun, but please always remember to be safe. A careful review of the safety section on the forum front page is an excellent way to prepare for this wonderful hobby. Take Care. :D

-cd

Encap

Hi shibaduba:

Unless you’re experienced with high power lasers, a 1 Watt burner is an extremely bad idea. Permanent blindness can result from as short as 0.25 second beam exposure— faster than humans can blink! Lasers can be fun, but please always remember to be safe. A careful review of the safety section on the forum front page is an excellent way to prepare for this wonderful hobby. Take Care. :D

-cd

Good advice.
The low end/lowest cost mass produced marginal quality 301, 303, 304 series are an OK choice for a first laser.

See what eye damage a 1W 445nm laser can do in less than 0.25 seconds here: https://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser-69469.html

When you are ready for an excellent high quality, more powerful, and more expensive laser see: https://www.jetlasers.org/

Study up on laser safety on this excellent web site - see: Laser Pointer Safety - A comprehensive resource, for safe and responsible laser use

Actually, the blink reflex is 0.25 seconds. The damage to the retina can happen in microseconds with these high power lasers.

Good advice.
The low end/lowest cost mass produced marginal quality 301, 303, 304 series are an OK choice for a first laser.

See what eye damage a 1W 445nm laser can do in less than 0.25 seconds here: https://laserpointerforums.com/f53/hit-eye-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser-69469.html

When you are ready for an excellent high quality, more powerful, and more expensive laser see: https://www.jetlasers.org/

Study up on laser safety on this excellent web site - see: Laser Pointer Safety - A comprehensive resource, for safe and responsible laser use

Thank you both for your input.

As for that eye damage, scary thread! I have taken notice of how dangerous lasers can be, and I'll wait on the 1W 445nm.

For safety glasses, can I get one pair that protects multiple? Or for each different wavelength I get, will I need a different pair of safety glasses?

SERIOUSLY ?

Read the specs, you only get 1 pair of eyes.

There is a range that the safety glasses attenuate and they may advertise OD4 but only be good for OD2 at the extreme ends of the specified range, all this info is in the specs.

These are good glasses at a good price.
Look here > https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Safety_Goggles/cat1667093_1527285.aspx

I use these for 520nm, 532nm ( beware of IR leakage ), and 445-475nm, also 405nm, basically purple green and blue but NOT red or orange, but read and choose for yourself, only you are responsible for your eye safety.
>>>>> https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Ea...rd_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p1667092_7862033.aspx

Here's the graph for the above mentioned glasses >>>> https://d11fdyfhxcs9cr.cloudfront.net/templates//58770/myimages/EP-3_OD_vs._Wavelength.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Sorry, I didn't look at goggle sites yet so I didn't know how it worked.

Thanks for those links!