Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help on this laser

HI. I have a dragon laser viper 95mW... but I am looking for more power. There is someone locally selling lasers and the picture in his post looks the same as the optotronics lasers and iv heard optotronics is good. Can anyone give me an opinion on this? Im looking to get the 200mW one.

Laser Pointer *GREEN LASER POINTERS*100--200--500m--1500W* - Markham / York Region Electronics For Sale - Kijiji Markham / York Region Canada.

and the picture (in my opinion) looks like

Optotronics Product Details

Thanks for the help.

iFoSh

That style of host is used in MANY cheap lasers from china too...I would ask who makes the laser directly to the seller. You can get the cheap china ones for much less than those prices.

Edit: Welcome to LPF! Also make sure to introduce yourself in the Welcome section!

Last edited:
That shop sells what is known as the typical Newwish pointers.
They are generic quality and usually not up to spec with tons of IR leakage.

Optotronics sells these, too, but the quality control is much better and supposedly the product is manufactured to higher specs.
Currently, Optotronics is the best for the bang-for-your-buck laser pens. Opto is offering a 10% discount code to LPF forum members until 9/30.

Honestly, though, the Viper 95 you have is a solid laser.

You will have a hard time finding a 200mW green in a pen size unit, but you can check out NOVAlasers.com.
Unfortunately you just missed their sale.
Their products are pricey compared to the cheap stuff, but the quality is there.

If you don't want to spend much, check out O-like or Rayfoss. They offer some decent products at reasonable prices.
A 200mW from either shop will likely output 160mW -190mW of green, and the rest will be IR.

Last edited: