Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help getting older!

Just a heads up....... You can hit the reply icon starting with the first and going down until you get all you wish to reply to. Then you can reply to all of them in a single post. Multiple posting, one after another, on the same day is frowned upon here. I'm sure you were unaware.

Theoldman!

Thanks! Didn’t Know? How do you reply to all when they all are asking me different question?

When I started in electronics, it was vacuum tubes and high voltage. No such thing as transistors, LEDs
OR lasers. I believe the maser was first.
Mike

Thanks! Didn’t Know? How do you reply to all when they all are asking me different question?
Just click on the reply icon at the bottom of the post you want to reply to, then the next and so on. You will have each post there to reply to separately. Give it a try next time. It is the only way to learn.

Theoldman!

When I started in electronics, it was vacuum tubes and high voltage. No such thing as transistors, LEDs
OR lasers. I believe the maser was first.
Mike
I remember those days, you could go down to the local drug store and check your vacuum tubes. Good old days : )

Actually, you need to go back before 1960 to be in a time when there were no lasers. I saw my first laser in 1965. It was a ruby laser that was used to pop a blue balloon from across the stage at my school. When I first started working on televisions they were all vacuum tubes, but those tubes were still being used almost until the 1990s, long after solid state TVs were the only thing being made.

Theoldman!

Actually, you need to go back before 1960 to be in a time when there were no lasers. I saw my first laser in 1965. It was a ruby laser that was used to pop a blue balloon from across the stage at my school. When I first started working on televisions they were all vacuum tubes, but those tubes were still being used almost until the 1990s, long after solid state TVs were the only thing being made.
Paul please excuse my ignorance but it is taking a while for me to learn what a thread is where they are organized and so on...........learning though. I asked a lady friend with a degree in geriatrics what my problem was and she doctor ozed it for me and said to many files for to long in my head : )
I still feel and think I’m young though!