Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help finding a laser pointer whose point is visible 2 metres away in daylight.

beagle

I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum to post this in so sorry if it isn't. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance!

Snecho

I can't link it directly because I'm on my phone but search for "green laser pointer" on eBay and buy the first one that has a green battery.
Screenshot_20200406-093314_eBay.jpg

There is also a constant on switch version.

It depend on what you mean by "daylight". If it is in direct sunlight you may need more power to see it than a 301 or 303 style laser. Otherwise, these are a very inexpensive choice.

Snecho

It depend on what you mean by "daylight". If it is in direct sunlight you may need more power to see it than a 301 or 303 style laser. Otherwise, these are a very inexpensive choice.
I used my 303 type laser to test this in the morning with full force direct sunlight beating down with the sun just risen and I could see the dot all the way across my backyard some 30 meters away.

Try in at noon on the sidewalk when the sun is in a cloudless sky. You may find it is not so visible then. It really DEPENDS on what is meant by "daylight".

beagle

Thank you all for your your help! I'll take a look at what you have suggested.