Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help deciding between "250mw" $20 lasers.

(I live in the Northwest U.S.)

Ok ok, so before you go on on how impossible it is to find a 200mw laser for $20, let me tell you that all I'm expecting or needing is at least 50-75mw. I ordered a 5mw green laser from eBay, and was then forever obsessed. I just wanted a laser that could at least burn some dark paper, and this of course did not.

These two lasers (links below) are advertised as 200mw and 2000mw (yeah right) each is roughly $20, they each focus and they are both the PAISEN brand. I do not expect these to be 200mw, but it would sure be nice.

Any recommendations between the two or another $20 laser from Either eBay or sygmall? I prefer green but blue is also acceptable. If I have to, I can do red but I love to see the beam at night and I hear green and blue are the best for that (and I hate the color red).

Really, I just need something that is just powerful enough to burn. Anyone tried PAISEN's stuff before? Or found an overly powered eBay laser?

Thanks a lot guys! :thanks: :wave:

Links:

250mw:

PAISEN 250MW High Power Babysbreath Burn Match Adjustable Focus Green Light Laser Pen Pointer - SYGMALL

2000mw (it's odd that the link says 500mw but the title says 2000mw, 500mw would still be better than what I would be expecting.):

(PAISEN 2000MW High Power Green Light Laser Pen Pointer with Starry Sky Projection Can Light the Match - SYGMALL

Last edited:

kinda need to know where it is being shipped to...
[plz add yr location to yr profile]

Oregon in the U.S.

well you are in luck--
some of our greatest members are there-plus a damn fine LEM in Portland
any member owning a LPM will meter your laser for free.

about the 20000mW lasers offered- c'mon-- its just like that with some china sellers-

you should (sooner or later) look into buying a green module (or blue) and get a host that fits-- you can say you built it.

For some things you may wan to do... owning glasses for the color you have is more than important. If you must --get cheapies and be extra careful until you can afford better and STILL be extra careful-
reflection injuries are more common- trying to take a nite pic in the car- laser hits your side mirror ---your eyes are dialated for night vision so BIG opening..
.25 seconds and burn a hole in your retina--- hit one of the spots like the fovea and you may lose that eye--

even 5 mW magnified by your eye's own lens can be harmful..

buy your laser from a member-- (not a brand new member tho))

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. That's rather cool that several members are in Oregon, I'm only an hour from Portland.

I think I'll try some cheapies for now, but building my own as you suggested sounds the most reliable, and I also like building things so I'm totally up for that in the future. Any suggestions for some basic instructions on that matter?

Thanks.

Also, I'm totally aware of the danger of lasers against the eyes. Definitely ordering some "special shades" soon.

Last edited:
well you are in luck--
some of our greatest members are there-plus a damn fine LEM in Portland
any member owning a LPM will meter your laser for free.

about the 20000mW lasers offered- c'mon-- its just like that with some china sellers-

you should (sooner or later) look into buying a green module (or blue) and get a host that fits-- you can say you built it.

For some things you may wan to do... owning glasses for the color you have is more than important. If you must --get cheapies and be extra careful until you can afford better and STILL be extra careful-
reflection injuries are more common- trying to take a nite pic in the car- laser hits your side mirror ---your eyes are dialated for night vision so BIG opening..
.25 seconds and burn a hole in your retina--- hit one of the spots like the fovea and you may lose that eye--

even 5 mW magnified by your eye's own lens can be harmful..

buy your laser from a member-- (not a brand new member tho))
So which of the two would you prefer if you had to buy a cheapie?

the paisen 2000mW laser is only 58mW i have one from ebay tare is a seller selling it from californija for 8$ i purchase like over 5 every time i make a order i get a different laser
YL- Laser / PM - Laser Or Paisen original tar are called 303 Laser the name change is to attract the eye,i only purchase it to take it a part and play around ehhe, the best is the
Pm - Laser almost 200mW i only got one i toke one in parts to see the difference the ir laser was different only :)

Last edited:
So which one is the one with the 200mw? Are you saying the original 250mw PAISEN laser that I have the link to there is close to 200mw? If so, that'd be great.

Last edited:
u can forget any green cheap laser being anywhere close to 250mW most peak at most around 100mW if u are lucky, if u really want that kind of power and onspec laser u need to invest more then 20 bucks my friend.

Makes sense. I think I'll try a 303 and maybe a PAISEN 250, maybe I'll get something close to 100.

None Is Over 200mW In the link !
I have one i could let go and its 131mW, i believe its temp 02 :yh:

Last edited: