Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need help buying laser

-I want to buy a 1W+ laser -- hand held

-140mm length to smallest i can get. but im having trouble finding one, one under $400 USD

-need one that can ship to US (legaly)

found these links so far :

-http://www.rayfoss.com/productn.asp?ArticleID=141 -- the item name and description have 1.6W, but not sure why the picture next to it has 1W, and price seems a little cheap for a 1.6W also. (doesn't state dimensions) - doesn't state a duty cycle. does anyone own one of these or was able to find a video for one of these? (want to know how it burns)

-http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=70# -- looks very similar to the one above, but the 1.6W is about +$100 from the link above. (doesn't state dimensions) - and don't understand its duty cycle, 30 secs what? on or off? does anyone own one of these or was able to find a video for one of these? (want to know how it burns)

any help would be appreciated thanks :D

also my email is: osama_alam@msn.com (don't know if i will receive an email alert of some notification and this my first post and first time on this forum)

how about you check the buy sell trade section here on this forum?

rule of thumb here is search first and ask second.

It would have been better to post a thread in the welcome section. make sure you are well versed in the dangers and safety requirements of lasers, namely safety glasses and being safe with where you point them.

If by legal you mean one with a safety key lock, I have no suggestions. A member by the name of Blord who lives in Belgium sells 1W 445nm lasers in a 501B host for $110, these lack a safety key, but most here are not too concerned with FDA compliant lasers. likely they will all be illegal soon anyway. Blords 501B lasers are small, and have a duty cycle of 1 min. on, 1 min. off I believe.

Most of my lasers are custom builds by Blord, I can't recommend him highly enough

be good and have fun

how about you check the buy sell trade section here on this forum?

rule of thumb here is search first and ask second.

opes, will go there, sry about that (should have read what it said when i registered, but got lazy)

no problem, i also have bought from blord and he is a great guy. if you want a blue 445nm laser already inside the usa then contact apexproxy

It would have been better to post a thread in the welcome section. make sure you are well versed in the dangers and safety requirements of lasers, namely safety glasses and being safe with where you point them.

If by legal you mean one with a safety key lock, I have no suggestions. A member by the name of Blord who lives in Belgium sells 1W 445nm lasers in a 501B host for $110, these lack a safety key, but most here are not too concerned with FDA compliant lasers. likely they will all be illegal soon anyway. Blords 501B lasers are small, and have a duty cycle of 1 min. on, 1 min. off I believe.

Most of my lasers are custom builds by Blord, I can't recommend him highly enough

be good and have fun

oh don't worry, im not a jack ass who points them at people or aircraft, kind of late here, will look back into this in the morning and maybe talk to blord, thanks for reply and info though