Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

need help buying first powerful laser

Ok so im new here and this is my first post. point is im trying to buy my first powerful laser, and by that i mean >50mw. im kinda stuck on the rayfoss website and the 200 mw red waterproof. however i also like the green lasers because there so bright.:can:i want the beam to be seen at during the day. so i have it in my mind that i want no less than 150mw. i also dont want to spend much more than like 100$ (and thats only if i really like the laser.

so does anyone have experience with these two lasers?
www.rayfoss.com
www.rayfoss.com
or does anyone have a better laser for a decent price. perhaps a green 200mw for less than 100$:D

Im new too. Everybody here seems to have the New model 200mw adjustable red, seems they all have one in their signatures, O-like has them for 45 bucks. Hope that helps:yh:

welcome.gif
to the Forum...
don't forget to read the Newcomers section... the FAQs..
the Stickies and the Forum Rules...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

ya I've looked at alot of sites including o-like, it seems like a really good site. i was looking at the waterproof 200mw red one there too idk which one would get if i got a red. like i said before im still trying to choose between green and red, im just looking for some help. thx tho ill keep it in mind:thanks:

Last edited:

Asa

ya I've looked at alot of sites including o-like, it seems like a really good site. i was looking at the waterproof 200mw red one there too idk which one would get if i got a red. like i said before im still trying to choose between green and red, im just looking for some help. thx tho ill keep it in mind:thanks:

Greens are far brighter, though a bit more expensive. A 50mW greenie would be easier to see at night than a 200mW red. I think the extra cash is worth it!

ya thats wat i was thinkin but being myself i am afraid that i would spend a hundres bucks on the 150mw green and then misplace it or something. i hate having A.D.D. :cryyy: lol
but stil if anyone knows of a cheaper green with similar power id love to know wat it is.

also how do i post a new thread i know i posted this one but i wanted to post another and couldn't find the button where is it :banghead:

DTR

ya thats wat i was thinkin but being myself i am afraid that i would spend a hundres bucks on the 150mw green and then misplace it or something. i hate having A.D.D. :cryyy: lol
but stil if anyone knows of a cheaper green with similar power id love to know wat it is.

Here you go. $30 for a super bright green advertised at 200mW. I really like this unit and I received it in 8 days.

BEAM SHOTS

LINK TO BUY

Mickey

I don't understand how a 200mW 532 could go for 30 bucks... but the beam shots look ok. If it's really 200 or even +-10 then it's a good price. I would love to see one on a LPM.

DTR

I don't understand how a 200mW 532 could go for 30 bucks... but the beam shots look ok. If it's really 200 or even +-10 then it's a good price. I would love to see one on a LPM.

I have a LPM on the way and will post the power when I get it. Did you see the picture where I have it along side a beam shot of my 200mW Rayfoss that was $150. The Rayfoss looks only slightly brighter and for $30 you can't go wrong.

EDIT
Member Don't Laze Me Bro says that his reads 135mW on his LPM. LINK

Last edited:
this a an 200mw which is 48.98usd one of my friends measured his at 228mw good deal i think here is link 200mW 532nm DC 3V Open-back Green Laser Pointer for Sale at GadgetTown.com :drool: from good brand sky lasers check out website Red & Green Laser Pointers | SKYlasers