Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a recommendation here, thanks for helping:)

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a green laser to add to my collection, and have checked a lot of websites, but can't seem to find what I want. I've checked:
Wicked Lasers(I'm leaning toward their elite model...but I don't trust wicked too much.)
Optotronics(too expensive...$160 is my limit;looking for 100mW, more if possible. Also, I hate new-wish style pens.)
Jetlasers(too expensive)
Rayfoss(not many pen choices, also, their recent "decline" worries me)
O-like(love their chrome pen, I may purchase this if no one can recommend anything)
Skylasers(too expensive)

I'd prefer to have a penstyle laser, that is acceptable quality, and is up to spec. My question here is- are there any companies or specific lasers you guys would recommend? To sum everything up, I'm looking for-
-Compact
-not torch-like. I like my laser hosts to look pretty slim. I don't have any battery preferences, as long as the laser, like I said, looks slim, not squat.
-Up to spec
-Reasonable quality(not looking for optotronics quality here- I just want it to work.)
-At least 100mW
-Price limit is $160

Thanks for helping, if my demands are too high, tell me! I don't mind losing some of my preferences as long as I get a functional laser. If you guys can recommend a company, or like I said, a certain laser, thank you VERY much.
Thank you for looking!
Have a nice day,
Scott

For $190 including international shipping you can get >1W 445 (blue) from one or two members of LPF.
I guarantee if you are new to the hobby, you will spend more than that just getting your first laser built and functioning.
This service takes the headache out of finding all of the parts, just make sure you buy goggles.
I thought they were kinda optional when I first joined the site....NOPE, you WILL screw up and catch a reflection if you don't have any experience with lasers, it is just a matter of time.
Your eyes are way too valuable to take the risk.
Have fun and safe lasing bro. Welcome to LPF!

For the amount of cash that is available to you for the Green laser, you could buy a 200 Watt green module fro O-Like and get a 5 mW green laser fom Deal Extreeme and use the host for you 200mW.
Here is the link to the one that I I first used for my O-Like Green "http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10093"
Of course Jay Rob Kits are also an option if you dont have the time to experiment or engineer you own host.

Wolfram

i'm not new here^^ and i have a 445, looking for a green. and i have goggles. thanks for your help! i think i may go with o-like.

Whups, sorry about that last post. It was late and my brain was only working enough to read the post itself :oops:

Kevlar

I have an Opto 150mW for sale for only $140. If you're interested, here is the FS thread link: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-optotronics-532nm-150mw-laser-57404.html
It has been tested and metered by a veteran of this forum and is up to spec.

You could also click the link in my sig. :beer:

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a green laser to add to my collection, and have checked a lot of websites, but can't seem to find what I want. I've checked:
Wicked Lasers(I'm leaning toward their elite model...but I don't trust wicked too much.)
Optotronics(too expensive...$160 is my limit;looking for 100mW, more if possible. Also, I hate new-wish style pens.)
Jetlasers(too expensive)
Rayfoss(not many pen choices, also, their recent "decline" worries me)
O-like(love their chrome pen, I may purchase this if no one can recommend anything)
Skylasers(too expensive)

I'd prefer to have a penstyle laser, that is acceptable quality, and is up to spec. My question here is- are there any companies or specific lasers you guys would recommend? To sum everything up, I'm looking for-
-Compact
-not torch-like. I like my laser hosts to look pretty slim. I don't have any battery preferences, as long as the laser, like I said, looks slim, not squat.
-Up to spec
-Reasonable quality(not looking for optotronics quality here- I just want it to work.)
-At least 100mW
-Price limit is $160

Thanks for helping, if my demands are too high, tell me! I don't mind losing some of my preferences as long as I get a functional laser. If you guys can recommend a company, or like I said, a certain laser, thank you VERY much.
Thank you for looking!
Have a nice day,
Scott

You're going to have to spend a little more if you want anything of good quality that is up to spec and non-newwish.
The only other option is to get something that is used.