Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a green laser for work. Help needed by the professionals

Hey guys super awesome form you got here I love the information. I was wondering about some info on purchasing laser I paint the lines on the road and I line up the gun to the line and I use a laser the only problem is sometimes when it gets cold the laser will shut off it makes my life so much easier I was looking for a laser in the $30 range that takes one or two 18 650 batteries as far as brightness goes the 5 milliwatt one works well at night although I could use a little more for daytime work it's just it has to last me at least all night I will post pictures later of the mount setup that I have I'm sure you guys will be interested thanks a bunch for the suggestions. Like I said it makes my life so much easier so I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Encap

Sounds like the same problem you have been having since 2012 from your prior posts. $30 will not get you much beyond a toy level laser.
Might be a good idea to ask stripe painting experts who deal with it 24/7, after 5 years of learning nothing. You can google the subject "--right?

See here for a $299 unit: https://www.laserpointlasers.com/:

and http://www.kellycreswell.com/GL3000PM.html

and https://msfoster.com/products/misc/laserline-guidance-laser/guidance-lasers-gl3000pm/

and http://www.forconstructionpros.com/pavement-maintenance/article/12224490/best-practices-for-striping-pavement-using-lasers

Last edited:
Those are great but i use two different trucks, so mobililty is an issue. Also i seem to know what the problem is. On the back of the truck, the laser does alot of bumping around. the cheap lasers end up getting the positive terminal pushed a little in. I was looking for one that ran off of 18650 batterys as i have a ton of them and one battery lasts me all night. I was just looking for a product recommendation. I would be willing to spend a little more. Maybe one that ran off of two 18650's. Yes i am a google master too. How do you think i found this site?

I don't want to buy something that is 300 dollars and have it be junk when i run it into a garbage barrel... Maybe a custom made one from someone on here? any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks encap my homie.

Edit, i would be super appreciated if someone could help point me in the right direction. Durable 18650 green laser, maybe two batterys with strong positive and negative terminals. Something thats not too bright so the battery doesnt die too quickly. Theres just too many lasers out there to chose from i need some professional help. In the mean time i will be researching the forum.

Last edited:
Hey guys super awesome form you got here I love the information. I was wondering about some info on purchasing laser I paint the lines on the road and I line up the gun to the line and I use a laser the only problem is sometimes when it gets cold the laser will shut off it makes my life so much easier I was looking for a laser in the $30 range that takes one or two 18 650 batteries as far as brightness goes the 5 milliwatt one works well at night although I could use a little more for daytime work it's just it has to last me at least all night I will post pictures later of the mount setup that I have I'm sure you guys will be interested thanks a bunch for the suggestions. Like I said it makes my life so much easier so I appreciate any and all suggestions.
First you did not mention the wavelength of
the Laser you are using presently....

Seems you are running a business...
Perhaps spending a bit more than $30 for an
Industrial spec Laser designed for that job would
be the way to go...

Jerry

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Get a diode laser. DPSS is too fragile and touchy about temperature. Look for a 520nm laser.

You operate a 5-6 figure industrial machine for your day job, and your budget for a rather crucial alignment tool is $30? I don't believe you.

I work for a private company that does allot of state work and town work. They should buy me something but they wont. It just makes my job way easier and the work comes out allot smoither. I will look into that wave length.

I am going to look up a couple lasers and post them here. I want to get a decent one and will post pictures of my mount and magnet and how I use it on the truck we paint about 350000 feet a night. I hate when the laser goes out I wanna throw it in the woods. Haha. Have a good night homies