Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a good builder

HEY :wave: I got my wicked lasers arctic today and my LPM (this thread) and it is just under 800mW
20js0tv.jpg

which is powerful but with an epic looking laser I also want some epic power :D So I want to swap out the diode now I am not a DIY person, but I might try building lasers in the future but I am not starting with a $50mW diode lol. I want 2W-2.5W out of it and would like to use the same driver so I can still have the smartswitch (I thought I would hate it at first but I actually really like it) I am not sure what diode the arctic uses (mine is from June 2010) but I would assume it uses an A130 or A140 diode and based on the power driven at around 800mA, I am not sure if you can increase how much the driver (drives?) but if you can a 9mm driven at 1700mA should work or possibly an M-140 at 1450mA may work.

Requirements
1. Increase power to at least 1.8W(preferably 2W+)
2. Keep at least 5-10min duty cycle
3. Keep smartswitch*
4. Stay under $200 in cost's

Optional
1. Custom heatsink
2. 30min+ duty cycle

*Smartswitch does not need to be exactly the same, if it just switched between high and low or even better high,medium and low that would be fine, I do not need a code to turn it on or strobe.

If it is significantly cheaper/easier not to have the smart switch I may be able to make a consideration also I would like to keep the thermal paste that's in there to increase duty cycle but if a custom heatsink is made and/or better paste is put in you can remove it. My budget is $100 but can be increased to $150-$200 if necessary
. Also I want the Arctic to look exactly the same on the outside (or as much as possible) only the inside should be changed.

PM if you can do it, I would prefer to stay within the US :thanks:

Last edited:

I sent lazeerer a pm yesterday about polishing a C6 and he has not replied yet so I assume he's busy

He is very busy... and might not meet that budget... 100% worth the wait, and whatever he charges though. Love my Lazeerer lasers.

(Actually I feel like I suppose a kid on Christmas does... there should be a new laser waiting for me when I get home... from none other :san:)

Last edited:

DJNY

Also awaiting a lazeerer package for this or next week.

Can´t wait :toilet: