Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a driver for Blue-ray in this host :)

needs to be boost circuit the battery is 3v Li you up for the challenge Mr. Lavaman :) :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_5227.jpg
    IMG_5227.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 128

chido

Damn, that is so tiny, I think it's going to be pretty hard to fit a boost driver in that thing. ::)

EDIT: What are its exact dimensions? (both the battery and the light)

would be pretty cool though :) I know a red could be designed to fit I have a chinese card laser that the whole laser module and optics is just a little black blob.

the light is 6cm long 6mm diameter at the small end and the head is 8mm  battery is 5mm x 34mm long
as to where I got it I really don't remember only thing I do remember is that it cost me a hell of a lot of money at the time. All Brass construction and sealed with o-rings  oh yes the battery it uses is BR435 00D

chido

Sorry dude but that's too small, it's not impossible but it would be a really complicated project. You'd have to make a little heatsink for the BR diode, even if it's a BR I don't think it should be left without any kind of heatsinking, next you'd have to modify the aixiz lens plastic enclosure to make it fit in the head for focusing, and you'd have to make a boost driver small enough to fit in a 26mm x 6mm space.

EDIT: Never mind about the heatsink, you could just fit the bare diode inside the light and glue it with thermal epoxy, since there would be only like .2mm of space between the diode and the light's barrel.

IgorT

6mm OD or ID of the tube?

The battery is 5mm, so i'm guessing 5mm is ID, right?

A boost circuit could perhaps be made to fit. But it would have to be made specifically for that, and have the components fited along the length. The optics would be the real problem. Altho you could mount the diode into the tube directly, and the lens into the head, and adjust the focus by un/screwing the head.

Unfortunately, i don't know of anyone, that is going to be willing to make a special driver just for one laser, other than maybe yourself.

What would be easy to fit is an unregulated boost circuit. But for that to operate safely, you would have to use a MUCH lower current, since the current would not be stable.

IgorT said:
6mm OD or ID of the tube?

The battery is 5mm, so i'm guessing 5mm is ID, right?

A boost circuit could perhaps be made to fit. But it would have to be made specifically for that, and have the components fited along the length. The optics would be the real problem. Altho you could mount the diode into the tube directly, and the lens into the head, and adjust the focus by un/screwing the head.

Unfortunately, i don't know of anyone, that is going to be willing to make a special driver just for one laser, other than maybe yourself.

What would be easy to fit is an unregulated boost circuit. But for that to operate safely, you would have to use a MUCH lower current, since the current would not be stable.

I think i'll just stick it in an envelope and send it to you Igor LOL you like challenges.....

They also make a model that takes 2 of those batteries that would make a better host because it's longer. IMO it would make a really nice Laser Pointer, would need to see if that format battery exists in a rechargeable form though because at $2.00 each it would get expensive.

Zom-B

Only if it weren't 3 volts but 1-2V, this driver would surely fit. Although it works pulsed and you won't get full brightness. Perhaps with a filter with resistor and capacitor you will, but this doubles the volume of the driver

http://www.prema.com/Application/whiteleddriver.html

070100-51.jpg

SMIDSY

lol we are building completely opposite projects you and I ;D

You are going with small (and looks great) and Im going with heavy and large...

the dentists drill and the bludgeoning axe ;)

nice work if you coudl mount a BR inside it Id want to buy it!!

IgorT

Zom-B said:
Only if it weren't 3 volts but 1-2V, this driver would surely fit. Although it works pulsed and you won't get full brightness. Perhaps with a filter with resistor and capacitor you will, but this doubles the volume of the driver

This is not a constant current solution, not even a constant voltage one, and it uses the LED as part of the switching circuit (instead of the rectifier diode).

LEDs can take much more abuse than LDs.. At the least it would require a rectifier and some filtering. And careful adjusting to get the most out without endangering the diode.... You would still need to drive a LD below a safe current, just in case.

A simple boost circuit like that is easy to make by yourself tho.