Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

N465 diode measurement thread missing?

scide

Hey guys,
sorry for bothering you with such a (stupid?) question, nevertheless I spend more than two hours searching the forum without luck...

I have a N465 diode from DTR, and started recently rebuilding my laser.
I am looking for the N465 measurement/testing thread, which was linked on DTR's sales website back in 2019.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Definitely sure it existed back than... :)

Right now I only found this video:

Thanks for your help!

Giannis_TDM

Hey guys,
sorry for bothering you with such a (stupid?) question, nevertheless I spend more than two hours searching the forum without luck...

I have a N465 diode from DTR, and started recently rebuilding my laser.
I am looking for the N465 measurement/testing thread, which was linked on DTR's sales website back in 2019.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Definitely sure it existed back than... :)

Right now I only found this video:

Thanks for your help!
I got you. You can't find anything because that diode is now called the NUMB07.

N-465 is just a nubm07 with the GBall can removed and a window can replaced IINM, IDK if it has any inert backfill added so you may want to run it on the conservative side.

3.5 amps is the recommended current for this similar recapped 07 diode.

I know DTR doesn't sell those anymore so if you want more you can get some of these and they claim have an inert backfill.

I had some 07E diode ball lenses removed and capped for me, the individual claims they are filled with inert gas and when doing mine made a few extra to list on ebay. You can buy them from this ebay account, she also places a FAC lens inside, upon request, but more expensive.

Edit: Added link.

Last edited:

scide

Thanks guys, excellent help. :)
Great community!

The old LPF thread regarding the NUMB07E diode is titled "NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test (Hitting 470nm+)" from Jul 2015,
in case anyone else is searching for this in the future. Sadly the LPF won't let me post links (yet).

I also found an old email recently quoting Jordan:
"I spoke to Jordan (DTR) for the N465nm diode he sets his to 3A but 4A is the maximum.
So you can play with 3A/3.5A to be safe. That's from his info and testing."

scide

I had some 07E diode ball lenses removed and capped for me, the individual claims they are filled with inert gas and when doing mine made a few extra to list on ebay. You can buy them from this ebay account, she also places a FAC lens inside, upon request, but more expensive.

That is indeed great to know, especially as their price seemed to have dropped to half of what I paid back then. :cool: