Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Wicked lasers Beam expander :)

JLSE

That's 99.9% transmission. Bullshit is hereby called.

The loss is 1% per lens, average 2% loss on 445nm, 532nm is approx 5% loss, 473nm should be in between.

@OP, nice pics, glad it made it in one piece and works well with your laser. Some of the Arctics as of late are put together very crooked, off center beam etc which will translate into the output beam..

I will be making an adapter for this expander to fit c6 hosts etc. It adds some nice range :beer:

For those looking at WL's 10x, its designed for DPSS and will clip your input beam from a 445nm, not sure on losses from the coatings, but just on clipping alone, you lose power..

Last edited:
The loss is 1% per lens, average 2% loss on 445nm, 532nm is approx 5% loss, 473nm should be in between.

@OP, nice pics, glad it made it in one piece and works well with your laser. Some of the Arctics as of late are put together very crooked, off center beam etc which will translate into the output beam..

I will be making an adapter for this expander to fit c6 hosts etc. It adds some nice range :beer:

For those looking at WL's 10x, its designed for DPSS and will clip your input beam from a 445nm, not sure on losses from the coatings, but just on clipping alone, you lose power..

Thanks for clearing things up :)
I like the beam expander allot :beer:

Krypton without beam expander:

3IPWlDy.jpg

With beam expander, but still not focused right. i think it can get tighter ^^.
But allot better nontheless.

zLs7DIj.jpg

Last edited:
Posting video of a laser pointing into the sky using a beam expander doesn't look any different than a laser without a beam expander. Find some targets at various known distances and take some photos and post them here. That way we can all see what a beam expander actually does.

Btw what is the divergence before and after the beam expander?

Last edited:
...a bit late to the game here, but is there any way of being able to get my hands on one of these? Are they still being made?

Pretty nice BE ,all we need now is some chrome.

It seems that there has been a lot more WickedLaser purchases from LPF members lately..