Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Tiny Tiny 1watt RGV build

30012010164.jpg

30012010165.jpg

30012010166.jpg

31012010167.jpg

31012010169.jpg

jaycey

Hi Andy, thats looking great and truely tiny in size!

How do your optic mounts work? looks like M3 bolts in opposite corners and 3 grub screws in a triangle layout, how does it all come together and how does the mount fix to your baseplate?

Cheers

there two bolts are m2 then 2mm grubs.

there is also a 2mm tapped hole in the bottom so they bolt directly to the base plate etcf

That is an awesome build. Very professional-looking. I love the thick aluminium base plate... looks like those ultra-expensive labby lasers from CNI.
- Robert

i go into my metal place with a simple hand drawn plan and they knock these cases up for me.

havent paid for this one yet so not sure on the cost, but the others i have for my 1.45w green and 1.75w RRGBV costs like £350 sprayed, that included two 6mm thick alum plates. not cheap granted but the quality is second to none

I was wondering where you got that from, looks like a production case but it was obviously a custom design because it was the perfect size for you. That's quite a bit of money, but whats a good projector in a bad case worth, not much.

I'm taking a crack at building my first scanner, just waiting on a 473 from dave at PL. Seeing your posts and all the trouble you have in the initial setup of these things is reassuring that all obstacles can be overcome. Lasers can be very frustrating and its good to see others have as much trouble as I have had so far. You sir are an inspiration to one building a home built custom scanner.

I was wondering where you got that from, looks like a production case but it was obviously a custom design because it was the perfect size for you. That's quite a bit of money, but whats a good projector in a bad case worth, not much.

I'm taking a crack at building my first scanner, just waiting on a 473 from dave at PL. Seeing your posts and all the trouble you have in the initial setup of these things is reassuring that all obstacles can be overcome. Lasers can be very frustrating and its good to see others have as much trouble as I have had so far. You sir are an inspiration to one building a home built custom scanner.

many thanks for your kind message

I have a set of ScanPro 40Ks from Dave that the mirrors dont reflect blu-ray (6mm x 11mm) . He kindly sent me a new set of mirrors. However they are still not that efficient (I have yet to do any testing on actual numbers) . Do you run into this problem with blu-ray lasers? I have heard the cheaper mirrors work better for blu-ray. Do you have any sources for scanner mirrors or do you ever have to change them out?

not checked these mirrors to be honest.

might be worth contact laserwave as i know they are now doing coated scanner mirrors.

it will be going for sale on ebay soon unless you wana make me an offer here

would anyone be inpressed if i could build a 1watt scanner nearly half the size of this one?

hahaha i never said anything about 405 doing 500mw ;)

but its possible to do a 1watt projector with 30k scanners in a case half the size of this one