Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My sdlazer 301 stopped working

hey... i bought a sdlazer 301, my ultrafire 18650mah is charged and good.
sometimes the lazer working and sometimes it stopps working, you maybe know how to fix it?

Hi,
Where are you from?? include that in your location under your name, and tell us a little about yourself first.

Rich:)

I am from Israel.
Yesterday it worked good for hours, suddenly it stopped working I checked and the battery is ok... You have any fixes?

Razako

A laser 301 stopped working? Considering those are only like $5 I would just buy a new one. Not really worth it trying to fix it. The best you can do is check the battery contacts and make sure it has a solid connection. Does the battery seem secure inside the laser?

Last edited:
A laser 301 stopped working? Considering those are only like $5 I would just buy a new one. Not really worth it trying to fix it. The best you can do is check the battery contacts and make sure it has a solid connection. Does the battery seem secure inside the laser?

Another laser is on the way but I still want to fix this... I'm not sure about the battery contacts, what can I do to make the connection to the battery be good?

Bro??

Razako

Another laser is on the way but I still want to fix this... I'm not sure about the battery contacts, what can I do to make the connection to the battery be good?
If you have some magnetic battery spacers you can possibly use them to check for connection issues. Most issues are related to the batteries not being quite long enough. Also if you have a multimeter try checking the battery voltage just to be sure.

If you have been using it constantly, it could be a defective tactile switch. They aren't made to carry as much current as they often do. Also, if you push down on the switch too hard that can cause it to fail as well. But, Razako is right. These lasers are so cheap they are basically throw away items.

Gazen

As the others said, if you can make a post in the welcome section with some information about yourself. A link to the specific product would also be nice. Both the laser 301 and the ultra fire batteries are known to be lower quality, but assuming the batteries are working it is probably one of the issues stated above.

First....
Double and posting on the Forum is frowned
upon by the community...

It is easy to Combine and Edit your Posts
by using the [EDIT] button at the bottom
right of each of your Posts.

Second.... As was stated earlier.
It would be appreciated if you would introduce
yourself to the members in the Welcome section
so that members can learn a little about you.

It would also be helpful to members if you included
your Global location in your Profile...

Jerry

RobenHood

If you have been using it constantly, it could be a defective tactile switch. They aren't made to carry as much current as they often do. Also, if you push down on the switch too hard that can cause it to fail as well. But, Razako is right. These lasers are so cheap they are basically throw away items.
If they are only worth $5 why did I pay $50