Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My New Toy 19mW HeNe

HeNes don't work like most other lasers in that respect. After a point, output drops even though current rises. If you're running it at rated current, odds are that's as high as it'll go. Are you? What is the rated current? Was Mr. Gus close?

How do you implement the start pulse with that PSU?

I also have a large HeNe tube that had it's power supply die. Looking for a replacement at this point... somewhere around 2500kV run voltage at about 6mA. Anybody have a suggestion?

Have a look at Post #7 of this thread... Dave has a link to a PS on eBay...
Maybe it will do for you...

Jerry

It doesn't list output specs though, I don't want to drop $100 on something that will maybe work.

daguin

I also have a large HeNe tube that had it's power supply die. Looking for a replacement at this point... somewhere around 2500kV run voltage at about 6mA. Anybody have a suggestion?

2500kV !?! :wtf:

Peace,
dave

daguin

It must be that 100m long HeNe that was suggested on the FAQ ;)

If he meant 2500V (2.5kV) then these are all over eBay. It shouldn't be hard to pick one of these up at all. Also, the one in the link I posted will definitely do that, although it would be overkill ;)

Peace,
dave

Haha, oops!

Yeah, I meant 2.5kV. Hey, it was only off by 3 orders of magnitude!

Suppose I buy the one daguin posted, what would the effect of too much voltage? Unless I am mistaken and the power supply will provide up to a certain voltage and not a fixed output voltage.

daguin

Haha, oops!
Yeah, I meant 2.5kV. Hey, it was only off by 3 orders of magnitude!
Suppose I buy the one daguin posted, what would the effect of too much voltage? Unless I am mistaken and the power supply will provide up to a certain voltage and not a fixed output voltage.

Correct.

You can find 2500V PSU for less on eBay. Plus, you would have to change the plug on the one I provided the link to.

Peace,
dave