Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new Camera flash

got a new flash for my camera, check out my new close up pics

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

andy_con said:
got a new flash for my camera, check out my new close up pics

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

Cool pics. is that Irish Moss growing on your LD? be careful when you clean it up to not pull off the wire to the die instead of the fuzz :)

carpet burns ....I remember them ;)

I have never had success with flash and macro, nicely done.

Regards rog8811

rog8811 said:
carpet burns ....I remember them ;)

I have never had success with flash and macro, nicely done.

Regards rog8811
just use some cloudy white plastic as a diffuser Rog and your good to go. Maybe the top of a pringles can or some old Tupperware

just use some cloudy white plastic as a diffuser Rog and your good to go. Maybe the top of a pringles can or some old Tupperware

Thanks for the tip, my main problem is that I do not have a seperate  flash and in macro you get a shadow cast by the lens as you are so close in, I usually go the well lit long exposure route...

Regards rog8811

rog8811 said:

Thanks for the tip, my main problem is that I do not have a seperate  flash and in macro you get a shadow cast by the lens as you are so close in, I usually go the well lit long exposure route...

Regards rog8811
not if you use a diffuser. My Sparta laser pics suck but that's because I'm not really interested in getting good pics of it, more interested in building it. Check out my macros here http://www.thejunkmonger.org

my new flash cost me £80 second hand. its top of the range and has a build in diffuser, which is awesome

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-F707 is my main camera but I get better macro shots with my ricoh RDC-i500 as It can get closer due to its compact size.

Regards rog8811

those are some NICE cameras!!

i'll be getting a professional one after i purchase my dj equipment =)

you got a big-a$$ screen, what are you complaining about?

i got a Fuji A310 (6MP) and all pics turn out VERY noisy...horrible quality :(

This topic reminded me. The flash on my camera (Panasonic DMC-FZ18) is extremely bright, and it's adjustable to add another 2 EV of brightness on top of that. I tried turning it up to max and taking a picture of myself whilst staring into the flashbulb to see what would happen.

p1010142xxdo6.jpg

I had a purple blob in the center of my vision for 2 hours.