Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My New 594 laser

Hi guys
No need for a review there are many just wanted to show this lovely rigel!

Purchased for a great price due to some small scuffs on the black coating when I'm finished with this awesome laser it's going to be shiny gold polished!

From what I've seen so far there is glue everywhere inside so I doubt I'll be able to do a custom 594 like my custom 589 but I'm sure I could just buy a Rigel module from Adam if I really wanted!

This is the 3rd laser I've had shipped to Australia so if done write our customs arnt as bad as we all thought, I'll add this to my signature soon,

Thanks Gabe!

Attachments

• F8DW1KQ.jpg
    F8DW1KQ.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 57
  • x8TwLkG.jpg
    x8TwLkG.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 46
  • FddREmd.jpg
    FddREmd.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 46
  • faBfNp3.jpg
    faBfNp3.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 6drApkZ.jpg
    6drApkZ.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 43
  • xXZ6YNp.jpg
    xXZ6YNp.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 0ch4078.jpg
    0ch4078.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Re: My New 593 laser

Is this the laser you bought from Gabe? Im too lazy to go look back at the thread. Looks nice :)

-Alex

Great little pen laser. I'll bet you can make it look fantastic after you remove the enamel. Got it for a decent price IIRC.

Great little pen laser. I'll bet you can make it look fantastic after you remove the enamel. Got it for a decent price IIRC.

Yes thanks Paul, I thought I could get all the enamel off in my 8hr shift at work with my fingernails but looks like it's gonna take 8 days, only way I can think of without scratching the brass, it's working but I've only done a centimetre squared all night, going home to sleep now!

Maybe you can find something hard enough to peal the enamel off while too soft to scratch the brass. Piece of sharp plastic seems like the best choice for this and may save your fingernails in the end. :D

BobMc

Oh, another yellow for your collection, Nice! Between your 589 and your new 594, (it's probably going to be a tough question) but have you a favorite? It might be like asking which child you prefer? Haaaa, each one for different reason. But I was wondering?

Ps, Can you tell the difference in color?

With all this yellow going around I just might have to jump on the bandwagon. :)

Last edited:
Maybe you can find something hard enough to peal the enamel off while too soft to scratch the brass. Piece of sharp plastic seems like the best choice for this and may save your fingernails in the end. :D

Yeah Paul tried a few different thinks like a guitar plastic thingy, those little plastic tools you get when you replace your iPhone screen, nothing seems to work except my finger nails and very slowly too, It's all good no rush!

Definitely tell the difference Bob. But 589 is much brighter than this 594 obviously, this Rigel is great because it's small and portable, I've already taken it to work and as you know my custom 589 is big and heavy, I like them both as if they were twins, yeah!

really pretty color. i really wish i had a few hundred to spend on a yellow laser. if i got a yellow laser i would probably stop collecting lasers for now because i already have a bunch of lasers either being built on in the mail already :)

Yeah Paul tried a few different thinks like a guitar plastic thingy, those little plastic tools you get when you replace your iPhone screen, nothing seems to work except my finger nails and very slowly too, It's all good no rush!

Those guitar plastic thingies are called picks and that's not a bad idea. You'll probably have to grind it down in a cup like fashion like your fingernails to get a shape that will work. With a sharp enough edge it could peel the enamel, but you might end up having to grind it down many times. :thinking:

Last edited:

BobMc

Definitely tell the difference Bob. But 589 is much brighter than this 594 obviously, this Rigel is great because it's small and portable, I've already taken it to work and as you know my custom 589 is big and heavy, I like them both as if they were twins, yeah!

Too bad about it being glued together. Putting the module in a custom host ( maybe a twin of your 589 ) would just be so awesome. Guess like you said you could just get another module, but I'm betting their on the pricey side. :)

Still a good looking host though, but I have to admit I favor your custom build but than I'm probably a bit bias. Seeing I have one. :)

Last edited:

Yeah, that's why it's harder to compare 589 vs 594 as it's common for 589's to be quite a bit stronger then the 594's. The fact you can tell a difference makes it slightly more worthwhile for me to get a 589 in the future :)

-Alex

really pretty color. i really wish i had a few hundred to spend on a yellow laser. if i got a yellow laser i would probably stop collecting lasers for now because i already have a bunch of lasers either being built on in the mail already :)

Nope. Told myself the same lie. I really need to stop. Still have dpss 473 and 594 within reach then maybe just maybe I'll take a leave. Unless new diodes come out. :whistle: