Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new 445nm build :) *Great beam shots*

Here's a few beam shots! Will update regularly :) Can't find my damn tripod so sky shots won't be available until I can find it :p

img5826ie.jpg

53520567.png

img5827b.jpg

Last edited:

Looks awesome! great work there :beer:

Thanks :) By any chance would you have any ideas on how a home-made laser tripod/stand would come to be? :thinking: I want it to be tilted upwards and be very stable!

Is it me or does the beam looks violet?

I agree, I think it's the settings on the camera. Would ISO have anything to do with it?

Last edited:
For a homemade tripod you could try a $2 tripod stand from the dollar store then attach some like this to it, hope it helps :)

images

For a homemade tripod you could try a $2 tripod stand from the dollar store then attach some like this to it, hope it helps :)

images

Ha that actually sounds like it will work! I'll give it a try, thanks :)

Zeebit

I am not a camera junkie or whatever you call it but AFAIK, ISO settings do not affect the color. It is the sensor's sensetivity to light. You want to try altering the color balance to get a more blue color.

I am not a camera junkie or whatever you call it but AFAIK, ISO settings do not affect the color. It is the sensor's sensetivity to light. You want to try altering the color balance to get a more blue color.

Ok thanks :) I'll toy around with it. With my eyes it's very blue, not violet like these pictures show.

IsaacT

Nice beamshots! Got any pics of the laser itself? I assume from your sig that it is in a C6 host, but would love to see pics anyway :p

41107d1362944553-445nm-c6-build-photo-2-.jpg

Here's one. I really should take more, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. An M-140 inside a C6 host with a black Lazerer focus adapter on it :)