Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new 2.5w Arctic!

I've brought it to several friends homes and had whole families outside at once to see this beam.
I love to be able to share this with people who have never been so lucky to witness one of these. It drops jaws.

And considering the laser I ordered from scifi is a 1.6ish, I'm eager to see the difference in person. Although it's still shipping
Least it's in the us and updating now👍🏻

When I go outside with this thing at night, I always pay very close attention for airplanes in the sky. Any moving flashing light.
Truth to it is, Flight paths cross over me no matter what time it is, no matter where. There's always a plane up there, at least one if not ten.

So with this being said. If I'm not directly or purposely trying to lock onto an aircraft. Is it acceptable for me to shine my beam into the sky.

It's quite scary really. For the most part I feel that I'll find a clear patch of sky
But truth to it is we just don't know.

What's y'alls opinions on this?
............. ^ greetings from Texas

You have been given incomplete advice on this. Here anywhere in the U.S. you must be over 10 miles from the nearest airport. You don't have to point it at an aircraft, just pointing it in the flight path of an aircraft is a crime. Pilots will also report it if they even see a laser and it will be recorded as a laser incident. You can't go pointing your laser in the sky anytime anywhere just because you're not pointing it directly at an aircraft, so be careful what your doing.

Unless you live in a remote area I would also suggest you don't attract attention to yourself. You don't want the police to see your laser in the sky and come around and ask you what your doing, or even worse one of your neighbors may see you and call the police.

Alan

^^ That sucks. I guess I am lucky to live wayyyyy out in the woods. I don't see many planes at all in the sky. I sure still do listen and look very carefully first before I turn on any laser.

I believe I'm 10 miles away from an airport. Defiantly a major one anyway.
-looked it up. 3 airports within 10 miles of me. Small strips though. International port is 40miles.
I live out of the main part of town, but not too remote. I believe I'll be keeping my laser shining to early morning (2-3am) and keep it for special occasions or something. It's getting old anyway😁
Thanks for the information! I'm always open to a scolding if it teaches me something

Last edited:
Received my safety shades and batteries from laser chick today!
Already burnt a hole through a dollar😁 Batteries are a great fit too! All I needed was some flat tops
Thanks laser chick!!!

Last edited: