Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My mini Tesla coil

Yeah I think it's a 14.7kV 15kVA. So yeah at full power I may be able to get an amp out of that thing. :eek:

I really wanna make a big TC. It's on my to do list. ::)

jamilm9: those caps will work. Go here to see how many you will need with your transformer.

You can make your own tours easily.

ConstructingToroid.jpg

FinishedToroid.jpg

PVCMountedonPrimary.jpg

-Tony

Xplorer877 said:
[quote author=jamilm9 link=1231790796/20#33 date=1232203608]is that heating duct on the out side ;)

Yup

-Tony[/quote]
Thanks for the tut. I will probably buy a small one from eBay to play around with then make a bigger one around it.

My tesla coil is a bit unconventional, as it is hand-held, but it is VERY VERY useful. They can be bought for around $170 (I got a good deal on mine on ebay, about $120)

here it is. Variable from 10kV to 50kV and operates at about 500KHz

sparkcoil.jpg

I use it for starting hard-to-start gas laser tubes. Mostly argon stuff, but more recently I used to to start a HeCd laser (check out multimedia section for pictures of it)

500kHz really that's cool!

I wanna try the lightning bolts from your fingertips trick. But I think my Tesla coil runs at 750kHz I don't think that's high enough to be safe but it might be.

I wonder if it really is an air core mini Tesla coil. I've seen some handheld HV probes that are actually flyback transformer circuits.

-Tony