Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laser just flashes

Well, all I know is that I know how the OP feels...crappy. Now I don't have a green laser at all (5mw on the way from priceangels, wooooo....). At least I have an RPL knockoff host for an o-like module now...

Benm

Do you have a multimeter? I have that exact same rayfoss laser and it measures 710ma at the tailcap. If doing this won't rule anything out, someone correct me please as I'm not much of an electronics person.

Its a good start to find the problem. If it keeps drawing the same amount of current when its emitting green and when it is not, you can more or less rule out an electrical issue.

My end-game problem involved the smell of burnt circuitry and me quickly taking the battery out. Obviously the burnt circuitry means my driver went, and I used a magnifying lens and looked closely at the diode...blew as well. I still can't figure out how it happened.

Edit: I guess it could have been my driver fried and pushed a crapload of current to the diode as a result, correct?

Last edited:

stoka

hi guys,
at first, sorry for my english :)

I bought new 30mW laser pen. I am using new alkaline batteries. But the laser is not good. Its light is bright but after few seconds, it lost power and the bright of light is about 50% or less. But sometimes it´s light is shining at 100% for many seconds. So, it is not doing always, but recently. The temperature is normal.

Do you know where could be the problem ?

thanks

Stoka, it sounds like your pen is just very temperature sensitive, since it does go at 100 percent for longer periods when it wants to.