Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laser get stuck by the customs

Hi guys,

maybe out there are some other ones who also bought a laser, which get stuck at customs.

I bought a very nice laser from one member in this forum.
The transaction went very well and fast.SHIPPING TO GERMANY

After waiting a week the laser finally arrived. YEAH

So today I went to the custom office and tried to get it. Full of excitement I thought I would get it, but they said there isn't a CE sign or any mw info. I think the problem was that the bill wasn't stick on the outside.

Now they want to test it and reply if it is okay or not.But the problem is it has 100mw so won't get it. -.-

WHAT I'M PLANNING:

Try to ask the seller to put a 1mw sticker with CE on <---- method 1

OR

Try to ship the laser in two parts and declare it as replacement. First ship the bottom part and second the upper part with diode. I have two adresses. <---- I worry that they still ask for the strenght for the head part.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY PLAN?
Please give me some tips how to avoid customs.

Last edited:

Hey, i didnt know lasers where illegal in germany, i always tought the where illegal,
you cant avoid customs,you got lucky that the most lasers look like torches and pen`s.
about your bad english it is probadly your Msn language.
Maybe an experienced member could help u more then me.
(my english aint great either)
greetings from your neigbour country. mark

Last edited:
So the item was sent marked as a laser?

If so... chances are you're out of luck. In this case, since the laser is being tested, unfortunately it's a foregone conclusion:cryyy:

Having a sticker sent won't really help either.

I have sent a laser to germany and it also got stuck at customs.

Fortunately it was disassembled, and crazily over packed. Since the lens was packed separate, even when it was turned on, it still looked like a blue flashlight.

For the future. NEVER EVER send a laser to someone across borders with a battery... if you do, IMO you're asking for trouble.

ALWAYS disassemble the laser.

NEVER, and this is a big one EVER mark the item as a laser. Best option is to have it marked as a gift, a broken blue (or other color) LED flashlight, and parts.

Also ALWAYS get insurance.

Sorry about your experience:( I know it sucks and I feel your pain. Hope by some miracle it works out.

This laser was not marked as a laser. Interesting they snagged it.

Was this a c6 by any chance?

I'm curious since the laser I sent was a c6.

Last edited:
Maybe that's why they caught on to the fact that it's a laser.

A laser pointer pen is far more obvious then say flashlight style one.

German customs are apparently very thorough... go figure:(

I have the same issue although I didn't order a laser. Got a letter saying that the bill was not outside the package. I have to go the customs now...

Yes everything above 5mW is illegal in the netherlands,although we can smoke weed Legal. :D

mark

I have the same issue although I didn't order a laser. Got a letter saying that the bill was not outside the package. I have to go the customs now...

This is kind of crazy that both the packages I sent to Germany (you two guys) are being held up at customs.

JLSE

This is kind of crazy that both the packages I sent to Germany (you two guys) are being held up at customs.

Are you putting the same return address? Perhaps customs is using some sort
of 'flagging' system...

Try a different return address on the next one :shhh: