Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laser device

Ablaze

Carrie called it a UV filter. It was actually an IR filter.. the same filter they put on the green DPSS modules.. and he was using it as a dust filter. I don't really hold it against him that he offered me something I don't need.. he also offered me a laser illuminater that can be attached to a rifle that I don't need.

I plan to get an lpm once my budget allows, but I think you knew that I don't have one before asking that question, since you have been reading that other thread. I have ordered lasers in a wide range of powers up to 25mw from him and the power has always looked right. The one 25mw module that has actually been tested was just barely overspec.

Carrie is still the cheapest source for durable modules I have found, and I have looked a lot of places. rhd wasn't impressed when he compared the durable modules to ebay modules with exposed circuit boards.

I agree with the sentiment expressed in the other thread that Chinese manufacturers in general don't care about their American customers. The cloture is very different in China right now then the US. In the US it would be ridiculous for the city run water company to pass a law saying that wells were illegal competition and have anyone who had one on their property arrested. In that kind of climate little things like customer relationship management seem silly.

In the cloture of this forum I realize that little things like a durable outer case with a heat sink with good wire leads and strain relief seem like superfluous things that anyone could easily add, but they're not. They are integral to a design that doesn't fail after 10 hours of use.

actually ablaze i was unsure if you had acquired a lpm you could have very recently for all i know...