Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laser 303 has issues. Please help.

Fuzion72895

Hello,
I recently purchased a laser 303 and it was working fine where it can burn and everything. But recently immediately after I turn it on, it quickly dims every time I turn it on. The battery is fully charged. Please help because I now cannot burn thing and I have no idea what to do.

Airtech

Throw it in the gutter, go get anudder. No, don't do that. It would be environmentally unacceptable. Just recycle it as you would with any spent electronics and save up your allowance to buy another.

Hi Fusion,
Well sorry to here that those 301,302, 303's aren't built the best and thats why they are cheap to start. The only way to get a good 445nm bring laser is to invest a little more money. And it will last longer and burn much better. You will also need a good pair of safety glasses to protect your eyes in case of reflected beam.
Rich:)

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Hello,
I recently purchased a laser 303 and it was working fine where it can burn and everything. But recently immediately after I turn it on, it quickly dims every time I turn it on. The battery is fully charged. Please help because I now cannot burn thing and I have no idea what to do.
You can invest in a little more money for a lasting laser or
now that you have a charger and battery the best bet is to get a new one for $5 or $6.
Then you can take the old one apart to see how these DPSS's work or any laser in general for that matter.
It will have glue and you might have to press the inners out but it's a good learning experience..

Encap

Buy a new one and take the one you have apart as an educational look/see.

Not worth fooling with or repairing---they are only $5 to $10 on ebay, new, shipping included.

I'm assuming this is the 532nm DPSS laser. I'd just buy a new one as they can be had for $6.00. You could take the old one apart, but repairing it likely won't work. Good luck.