Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Jetlasers Ti-B 100mw laser ;)

Here you have the pictures of my new laser!
Jetlasers 100mw Ti-B.

I do not like how to turn on the laser. I hope to make a mod and add a switch.

Blord

Thanks for the pictures. I have also a Jetlasers 100mw Ti-B green laser. It is a wonderful titanium piece of equipment.

Thanks for the pictures. I have also a Jetlasers 100mw Ti-B green laser. It is a wonderful titanium piece of equipment.

Indeed. It's a very nice piece. Good manufacturing except power mode.

Encap

Nice images--great laser--TI host simply beautifully done.

The on-off function of the tail cap takes a little bit of getting used to but it is very effective and works very well.

Be careful when turning it off that you turn the cap counterclockwise a 1/2 turn more than necessary to turn it off or it can momentarily be activated by pushing down on the tail cap by mstake.

A clicky can break-- the TiB special square thread system can't break and holds up very well with use and occasional cleaning of both male and female threads with a Q-Tip and some solvent--lighter fluid work well.

Last edited:
Just like the internal focus, the tailcap on the JL Ti-Bs is unique to JLs. AFAIK it is impossible for the Ti-B switch to fail.. as Encap wrote they get some time to become accustomed on how it works-- I press on the tailcap spring every time I open the laser. That way when I replace the tailcap the 'switch' is in the proper place.
it looks to me that there is a internal 'piston' that slides in and out and makes contact. This is NOT at all like just unscrewing the tailcap until the laser stops- you can feel the 'piston' move . We had one member who thought that his Ti-B was 'broken' -- which I do not think is possible.
The Ti-B has become a 'collectors item' they made some- which were not greatly received.-- most thought the cost was too high (IIRC they started at $220 usd)
So JL lowered the price, sold out (at a loss) and had not wanted to make any more--- THEN the Ti-B became very desirable and none we in stock- Gray convinced JL to make another run. and a lower price was made but ~zero profit.
So now- afaik those that exist are all there is.
I will try to find out how many, in total, were made.
Ask anyone with lathe & mill about working with Ti-- and ending up with such a fine example-- One told me that Ti is known as a (expensive)'tool buster' and looking close with a mag glass shows how very fine the work is , especially the knurling.-- the finer details-
The only other neg., imho, is that Ti is not the best metal as far as heat sinking abilities go. Due to that I use a conservative duty/ rest cycle.. short duty & long resting-- I am currently buying broken JL Ti-Bs and any used working Ti-Bs... peace---hak

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
7 Years Hak!!! Stop necro posting. Look at the damn dates for once before you post.

Did I call you out on your last necro?? no
did I know the date of Encap's post YES.
there has been new interest on this laser so the topic is relevant.. no need to make a new thread.
When do you have any time to read and post about lasers-- pretty sad that you spend your time 'stalking' me. Why would you even want to keep searching for my posts?? and spend time trolling me. get a life and grow up. You can change your username as many times as you want BUT you will still be Crazy Jay.

I have never reported any of the crap you post..
You were allowed to be unbanned & then allowed to return. WE were told to not discuss or say anything- are you telling us that YOU were not also told to 'play nice' .

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Did I call you out on your last necro?? no
did I know the date of Encap's post YES.
there has been new interest on this laser so the topic is relevant.. no need to make a new thread.
When do you have any time to read and post about lasers-- pretty sad that you spend your time 'stalking' me. Why would you even want to keep searching for my posts?? and spend time trolling me. get a life and grow up. You can change your username as many times as you want BUT you will still be Crazy Jay.

I have never reported any of the crap you post..
You were allowed to be unbanned & then allowed to return. WE were told to not discuss or say anything- are you telling us that YOU were not also told to 'play nice' .
Hak you're insane. I don't necro post and you should know that any new posts show up when you click on "what's new" at the top which I often do. No one is stalking you and no one is being mean to you.