Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First Real Laser Show "Ignite"

EDIT/UPDATE

I'm working on new content. More info soon. For now, here's a preview.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been a while since I have been around these parts, so allow me to give a little context.

I have been producing shows for around 3 years now, and for a significant amount of that time, the projector I used was a slow "25k" job from X laser. This limited how good my shows could look, but I was also not very experienced in general at the time. After breaking the cheap TTL module whilst trying to align it, I was suddenly on the market for a new projector. After going from Golden Star to Lightspace and eventually to Kvant, I picked up a Clubmax 3000, my current projector, and yes, I am now varianced. I used the projector quite a bit but never developed a show I was proud of, until now.

Without going into too much detail, the show was supposed to be a simple lyrical interpretation of the song "Ignite", but it took on a graphical life of its own as I edited. Although not everything is perfect, I now feel the text actually adds to instead of hindering the show. I am also proud that every abstract in the show is my own.

I understand that to others, in particular, Swamidog, this show is not even worth watching, but I wanted to share this with the community here. You guys have done so much for me, and although I still have much to learn, I hope you guys can still get some enjoyment out of it.

The video is linked below. Watching in 60 Fps will help to eliminate artifacts.

For anyone interested, the show was created in Beyond and scanned with a variable rate of 35-45 kpps at somewhere around 10 degrees.

Last edited:

Thank you, and I am glad you found it interesting. I am indeed very happy with my new projector. I am one of those people who just can't stand flicker in my shows, and this is exactly what I needed to solve that problem. The Saturn scanners also produce a near-perfect replication of the base image, even at 45k+ with large angles.

There you go. From the master, himself. I thought it was a fine effort on your part. Do keep it up. We have so few members here making laser content like this. :yh:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi glr, that was a great show, like swami said, don't sell yourself short! Now that we've seen what you can do, we expect more in the future.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :yh:

I can't thank all of you enough. Your kind words mean so much to me. These shows take so long to get right, and sometimes, I feel like no one will ever be there to watch them. At my age, the clientele are hard to come by or maintain. It fills me with joy that you guys enjoyed it, and I will be sure to update here when I produce new content. All of you have been a huge help and inspiration to me. Thank you.

Last edited:
Where are your shows? I'm in the Bay Area-might be fun to see!

QUOTE=green lasers rock;1545041]I can't thank all of you enough. Your kind words mean so much to me. These shows take so long to get right, and sometimes, I feel like no one will ever be there to watch them. At my age, the clientele are hard to come by or maintain. It fills me with joy that you guys enjoyed it, and I will be sure to update here when I produce new content. All of you have been a huge help and inspiration to me. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I used to go to the Bay area when I was much younger and working. Now, I'm quite a bit north of you. The video was very well done IMO. :thanks:

Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad about not being able to come watch a laser show. No worries, your feedback is plenty. The video does a decent job at displaying the images themselves, but the colors are an order of magnitude less vibrant. I am sure you understand this plight if you've seen a show yourself. It is actually color corrected, but I am not able to get the palette to come anywhere near to matching the projector.

Thanks a lot for showing this , also for using a link in that way , so i am able to see it on my phone.
Such visualisations are a reason too to have a look inside here.
+ rep

Green,
I don't think you made anyone feel bad-no worries!

Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad about not being able to come watch a laser show. No worries, your feedback is plenty. The video does a decent job at displaying the images themselves, but the colors are an order of magnitude less vibrant. I am sure you understand this plight if you've seen a show yourself. It is actually color corrected, but I am not able to get the palette to come anywhere near to matching the projector.

I don't believe GLR actually thought anyone felt badly, it was just the polite thing to say. I have many wavelengths in my collection and I can attest that photos and videos never do them justice. I'm certain your show is much better when seen in person. :yh:

Benm

It's a nice projection indeed - i presume most of the artifacts are just from youtube and the camera, and the projection looks much better in person.

One thing i'm a bit confused about though: most of the projection looks like it should be seen on a screen, but some of it also looks like it would very nice just looking at the laser beam in the air (and perhaps not that good on the screen), was this a consideration in creating this display?

It's a nice projection indeed - i presume most of the artifacts are just from youtube and the camera, and the projection looks much better in person.

One thing i'm a bit confused about though: most of the projection looks like it should be seen on a screen, but some of it also looks like it would very nice just looking at the laser beam in the air (and perhaps not that good on the screen), was this a consideration in creating this display?

I do think about rear screen (aerial) projections, but it is not my specialty. My projector is optimized for laser graphics, and most of the images in that show are rather complex, dim, or just not rhythmic enough for rear screen projections IMHO. We all have different opinions on what looks good, and I would like to know what components of the show could be improved upon using front screen projection. I am always trying to improve my shows and will take any feedback into consideration. Also, are you absolutely sure you watched the show at 60fps? The show looks terrible if not, and would defiantly be more suited to the rear screen projection you are talking about.

Last edited: