Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my first powerful green laser help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello I am new here to this forum and recently i found my love for lasers after buying a 5mw laser on amazon and that amazed me so im sure any powerful laser i get will be good but i want to make sure. So my budget is $100 preferably less and i was looking on o-like through there green lasers and i liked the 100mw green transformable laser (by the way i am looking for a green laser) but im not to sure if you can just give me your best advice for a good pretty powerful laser for under $100 bucks and any accessories i should get.

Uses

1. want to be able to pop balloons (dont care about burning really anything else)

2. want the beam to be kind of visible in low light conditions.

3. want it to be able to turn off a street light (just to show people how cool it is)

4. and for pointing up at the sky

Most will recommend LEDshoppe, Rayfoss, or O-like for the price per milliWatt ratio, but I think if you can spare an extra $20, you should go for this:
X50 Compact Portable Laser - X-Series - Novalasers Inc.

I've had nothing but great experiences buying from NOVA multiple times.
I ordered an X105, and an X50 at one point.
The X50 averaged ~65mW of pure green.

It will be higher quality and likely more powerful than something from Rayfoss or O-like AND it will have better divergence. Not to mention 100% of the light output is filtered green, so you are not getting any leftover infrared in your laser's beam.

Also, you can use the discount code WARP5 at checkout for 5% off.

This laser will do everything you want it to.

I have ordered from the other companies and have not been too impressed. Although, I am picky and do have a power meter... so "close to the rated power" isn't good enough for me.

Edit:
And welcome to the forum. ;)

Last edited:
ya i saw this website before and was seriously thinking of getting a laser from them but then i thought were am i gonna get the money but you make a good point i was willing to spend $100 bucks on a ok but not to good of a laser this a bunch of IR coming out so why dont i just save up a little more but while i wait to get the money (probably around christmas) how about this to hold me off

o-like 50mw silver chrome green laser 29 dollars

(cant provide the link cause the site is down now)

daguin

Just post your questions in one place. People will see them

Peace,
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.