Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first post (Ok 2nd technically) lol

520/532nm with a beam expander.

Does the mW matter much?

EDIT: Here is another question... Since I am proficient in CAD etc will this help me in building my own laser? I am already trying to contact a CNC shop and will be exploring the option of designing my own hosts and heatsinks etc. I guess in a way I answered my own question but is anyone else here well versed in CAD? I can use AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor like a boss. Any input if welcomed!!!! TIA

Should I make another thread about this? I.e. offer my services to the builders to help design in CAD hosts and heatsinks?

Last edited:

Does the mW matter much?

EDIT: Here is another question... Since I am proficient in CAD etc will this help me in building my own laser? I am already trying to contact a CNC shop and will be exploring the option of designing my own hosts and heatsinks etc. I guess in a way I answered my own question but is anyone else here well versed in CAD? I can use AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor like a boss. Any input if welcomed!!!! TIA

Should I make another thread about this? I.e. offer my services to the builders to help design in CAD hosts and heatsinks?

well there's me and another member called Rivern and we take Cad file.

I can hardly believe your DOB is Feb 14 and your name is Ted, my middle name is Edward and I went by the name Ted until my early 20's, my DOB you can see in my profile, you didn't say how old you are, I also at one time wanted to be an architect but didn't have the patience for college, I went for a year and stopped and later for 3 years and that was enough.

Alan

I can hardly believe your DOB is Feb 14 and your name is Ted, my middle name is Edward and I went by the name Ted until my early 20's, my DOB you can see in my profile, you didn't say how old you are, I also at one time wanted to be an architect but didn't have the patience for college, I went for a year and stopped and later for 3 years and that was enough.

Alan

Haha that's too funny! I am 35 y/o btw. I am not a licensed architect but have been doing it for 16 years now. If I would have been working under a licensed architect for longer I could have taken the exams myself. But alas I like working on my own too much ;)