Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my first laser , arctic 3.5w . i need some help

I just got my first laser an arctic 3.5 w ,and because i am an idiot i didnt research before , and it seems you can only use it with glasses ( the red ones that come with it ). using that you cant see the beam you cant see anything so what can i do to actually play with it?
should i find a new pair of glasses , what can i do?
thank you

anton

You can use it outside without glasses as long as your not pointing it at anything close to you.

Encap

If you are not a troll make a Welcome sub-forum post to tell members something about yourself and include you location in your profile.

A 3.5W laser is not a play toy , it is a very dangerous device.
In case you don't know--lasers can be just as dangerous outdoors as they are indoors if you do not know what you are doing or why.
Laser light behaves differently from ordinary light sources and reflections happen where you don't expect same based on non-laser experience.
A direct hit from reflections off water or objects outside can damage you eyes much quicker than your blink reflex can react which take 0.25 seconds or make any attempt to avoid the hazard ---in less than .025 seconds a 3.5W can permanently blind you.
Always use laser goggles to protect you eyes until you know what not to do with the laser.
Study up on laser hazards see this page and others on the web site : Laser Pointer Safety - FAQ

Last edited:
thank you . no i am not a troll :) i will try to do the welcome post, i m not very fond of welcome posts , thats all . thanks again

Hi, W
Yes welcome post is in order hey you don't have to be a nuclear scientist ,or a physic major just an ordinary guy. hey I'm an over the road onion salesman from peoria Il
Just kidding pal.

Rich:)

naruto

welcome, wharmus!
I just want to say, try not to use it in too dark conditions, such a powerful laser, you can try to burn something, you will find it bring a lot of fun, do not worry, enjoy it, but pay attention to safety.
:beer:

First of all NEVER give it to anyone ever! Learned that my self the hard way kinda. Unless you are sure that the person has good knowledge of laser safety, keep it to yourself, and learn how to handle with care. It is a toy, at least to me haha, but its a dangerous toy, a danger magic stick that can turn someone into a cyclops or a bat, so be careful to not ruin yours or someone else's life! :tsk: :yh: