Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First "Fog-Machine Experience"

Labelling would be a nice touch but I like the fact that it is a sleeper, to look at it folk have no clue as to what it is capable of.

regards rog8811

Haha very true. And BTW, I love the new video you made of it. Much better resolution than the old one. I don't think it even had the spiro function in the old one, did it? Well good job on shrinking your already awesome design by about 3 or 4 times!

-Jakob

Looking real nerdy, there, buddy!

But anyway, aren't fog machines magical? If you haven't already, you have to make the liquid sky and time tunnel effects and dazzle your friends!!

And props on the ancient iPod! I still rock a generation 3 and love it every day!

Looking real nerdy, there, buddy!

But anyway, aren't fog machines magical? If you haven't already, you have to make the liquid sky and time tunnel effects and dazzle your friends!!

And props on the ancient iPod! I still rock a generation 3 and love it every day!

Haha, looking nerdy is what I live for, at least when it comes to lasers. :p

And yes, fog machines are the best invention ever. I have made a liquid sky setup but I find that using a diffraction grating from a laser level works A LOT better. And I made better than a time tunnel! I made a spiro! I don’t think I will post about it though, it’s nothing special. Looks neat though, I like how I can see the motors working. Plus it fuctions as a time tunnel if I stop one motor.

And that iPod… it’s been through a lot. It is the last non-color screen iPod ever made, 4th generation, 4-5 years old, only has 30 seconds of battery life (lol). I have to carry it around in a battery case I picked up for like $5 if I actually want to listen to music on the go haha. Well anyways, thanks for the comment!

-Jakob

Avid

lol I remember my first time with fog. never seen laser so clearly

Have you noticed any kind of residue left behind by the fog?

I've been tempted to pick up a fog machine on numerous occasions, but I've always been wary of possible residue issues (partially with regard to electronics and associated optics, MOSTLY because of a neat-freak zealot of a fiancee who'd have my nuts in a vise if I left an oily film all over the appartment).

Since you're using it in a very enclosed space, you're in a good position to clue me in on this.

I lent my liquid sky and a fog machine to someone, they placed the projector just in front and below the fogger, when I got it back the top of the laser housing was covered in a sticky yellow residue....
I am not too sure how often the button was hit to get more fog as I was not there.

When I use the foggers I do not notice this problem....

I hope that helps.
Regards rog8811

Have you noticed any kind of residue left behind by the fog?

I've been tempted to pick up a fog machine on numerous occasions, but I've always been wary of possible residue issues (partially with regard to electronics and associated optics, MOSTLY because of a neat-freak zealot of a fiancee who'd have my nuts in a vise if I left an oily film all over the appartment).

Since you're using it in a very enclosed space, you're in a good position to clue me in on this

No residue in my room. I bought my fog machine and fog juice from eliminator lighting, I don't know where Rog bought his, but mine leaves no residue whatsoever. For a niceee fog machine and a gallon of juice it only cost me $40 shipped :) :) :). Maybe it was $50. Either way...

-Jakob

I guess I'll be safe so long as I keep my usage to a minimum.

Thanks for the voices of experience, Rog & Pianoman!

No problem. BTW, I forgot to mention that my room, as you mentioned, is an extremely enclosed space. It is a dorm room, probably around 100-150 sq. ft. crowded with furniture. I completely filled it up once with fog to the point that I couldn't breathe, and no residue was found anywhere. In fact, I did this multiple times :). So no need to worry about Eliminator Lighting products :).

-Jakob

EDIT: WOOT, 200th POST!!!