Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first build with module Mosquito All-In-One 445

jayrob

Thank's for information. :beer:
But I have batteries that are labeled 2000 mAh, 3.6 V. So normally they can provide a current of 2A for an hour before being discharged (normally). What is the difference between a battery I bought on ebay (see post above) and one example site Lighthound: Battery Station RCR123a 900mAh Protected Rechargeable Battery

It's not the battery capacity, it's the ability to give high current...

Cheap batteries may not be able to give a high discharge rate. You will see when you use quality AW batteries, or IMR batteries. Which are made for high discharge...

See the notes in the description here for a small CR123 size IMR battery:
AW IMR16340 550 mAh IMR CR123 size LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery

Last edited:

After all being said... the first thing I noticed in your build is on the 4th picture where the positive wire goes to a nut? is that a nut there.. It isn't soldered to it right ... you just tighten the wire there... If that's the deal I think the contact is not very good and power is lost in there .. try to solder it to the pin that goes to the batteries :)

if it is already soldered(can't see it in the pic) then just ignore my post :) :beer:

Last edited:
Well, today I drilled 4 holes laterally by the heatsink to promote the ventilation of the driver.
I tested the module with a stabilized power supply 30V-10A, to avoid battery problems. I set the voltage to 7.4 V. The module is mounted in the heatsink and is fed well. I noticed then that the heatsink heats slower but still 50-60s and brightness down so quickly. It was not until long enough to cool and return to full power. :yh:
In conclusion I would say that this module is very good and well that you just provide the size of the heatsink and good ventilation as it heats up quickly and consequently the power down ...