Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first Blue Ray!

Well I haven't received my hosts or drivers yet, but the PHR's from Drew came on Friday!  I finally had time to play today so I threw together a quick lm317 voltage regulator circuit and added it to my computer turned lab power supply.  Set it to 8.5 volts and plugged it into my DDL driver which I breadboarded last week.  Set 89mA with a dummy load and now I have BR!!!

Don't mind the messy work space...

The beam shots are 30 second exposures on a tripod in a pitch black room minus the LD and the power supply leds etc...

BRBeam1.jpg

BRBeam2.jpg

BRBeam3.jpg

BRSpot.jpg

And a couple other things that was still on my camera...

The moon through my little 130mm Telescope, I just got the adapter so I had to play.
I've got to work on getting a better focus.  The heavy camera makes the telescope shake so it's hard to dial it in.
Moon1.jpg

And one from an extraordinarily clear night over the summer...hints of the Milky Way through the light pollution...

MilkyWayfromhome1ps.jpg

Your moon shot is pretty nice - you ought to try that again whenever you have a lunar eclipse in your area.

Switch

OMFG! I see you found the retroreflector  :D 89mA my @zz. That's at least 89MA ;D

Attachments

• lasermoon.jpg
    lasermoon.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 79
Schrecken_Licht said:
Your moon shot is pretty nice - you ought to try that again whenever you have a lunar eclipse in your area.

I definitely will! I also want to see what I can do through the 16" telescope in my school's observatory. It has a small field of view though so it might not be great for the moon.

I took these during last year's eclipse with my old camera and no telescope...

6.jpg

10.jpg

17.jpg

This one is cool since you can see Saturn on the bottom left..

Moon-Jupiter-Regulus.jpg

Switch said:
OMFG! I see you found the retroreflector  :D 89mA my @zz. That's at least 89MA  ;D
:mad: You weren't supposed to see that!! ;D ;D ;D ;D